Hard Drive Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hissy100, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. hissy100

    hissy100 Guest

    hissy100, Jun 24, 2007

  2. hissy100 wrote:
    > I have two hard drives My second one drive E is having problems. When i
    > try to open it it says the disk in drive is not formatted when i opened
    > disk management it says that E is a 7 GB hard drive when it's 45 GB
    > HELP!

    Be glad to help. Stop using a stupid web interface to read newsgroups.
    This group has nothing to do with "futurehardware" and they are theives.
    As for your disk, you may want to try to back up any data you may need
    off of it if you can access it all. Then throw it away. If you're
    reluctant to toss it, run the disk diagnostics from the unnamed mfg and
    see what it says.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 24, 2007

  3. hissy100

    Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > hissy100 wrote:
    > > I have two hard drives My second one drive E is having problems. When i
    > > try to open it it says the disk in drive is not formatted when i opened
    > > disk management it says that E is a 7 GB hard drive when it's 45 GB
    > > HELP!

    > Be glad to help. Stop using a stupid web interface to read newsgroups.

    One can sign up with http://www.newscene.com/ which I've been using for
    about 8 years with no problem at all. In fact, they keep getting faster
    at getting new message bodies.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 24, 2007
  4. hissy100

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 06:15:12 +0530, hissy100 wrote:

    > I have two hard drives My second one drive E is having problems. When i
    > try to open it it says the disk in drive is not formatted when i opened
    > disk management it says that E is a 7 GB hard drive when it's 45 GB
    > HELP!

    Try: format e: /u

    Then bugger off, forum-board-gateway boy.

    Dan C, Jun 24, 2007
  5. hissy100

    Ben Myers Guest

    Most hard drive manufacturers have diagnostic software available
    for download.

    Maxtor and Seagate http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/
    Western Digital http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=999&swid

    Ben