    a floppy because PowerMax insists that my write-protect tab is closed
    when it isn't. I checked my cables and they seem fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Scribner, Nov 6, 2008

  2. Scribner

    elaich Guest

    Scribner <> wrote in
    news::

    > I'm running Vista Ultimate.

    There's your problem right there.
    elaich, Nov 6, 2008

  3. Scribner

    Meno Talaroc Guest

    I take it this drive is relativly new. For your partition to sundenly be
    "Raw"!!! Sounds like you have a faulty drive.
    Meno Talaroc, Nov 6, 2008
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:32:16 -0800, "Meno Talaroc" <>
    wrote:

    >I take it this drive is relativly new. For your partition to sundenly be
    >"Raw"!!! Sounds like you have a faulty drive.

    Over 5 years old with no problems until now.
    Scribner, Nov 6, 2008
  5. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    I booted under Windows 98 SE. This is why I use FAT 32. The drive
    was fully accessible. So what is Vista's problem?
    Scribner, Nov 6, 2008
  6. Scribner

    Guest

    Scribner <> wrote:

    >I booted under Windows 98 SE. This is why I use FAT 32. The drive
    >was fully accessible. So what is Vista's problem?

    NT, win2000, XP, vista each of them change the MBR (and why you have
    to load them in the order given to multi boot).

    Just saying it might be the MBR couldn't be read by vista, or vista
    just didn't like the drive.

    FWIW I still use FAT32 for the same reason, and it seems to of worked
    for you.
    --

    Saddest picture you'll see all day
    http://i35.tinypic.com/15s57c4.jpg
  7. "Scribner" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Vista Ultimate. My system has 3 hard drives (all Western
    > Dig.) and two burners. Disk 0 is actually my H drive. It is FAT 32,
    > 200 gigs. and I store stuff on it, ie. my mp3's. This drive has been
    > running fine for years. The other day, I transferred my 11 ZZ Top
    > albums over to it. Yesterday, this drive came up "Local Disk."
    > Computer Management describes it as "RAW," "Healthy" and "Logical
    > Drive." I thought that it might be a virus but Zone Alarm ran a scan
    > and it came up clean. Partition Table Doctor 3.0 shows that it has a
    > problem but it can't fix it. I tried to run PowerMax but I can't make
    > a floppy because PowerMax insists that my write-protect tab is closed
    > when it isn't. I checked my cables and they seem fine. Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    Wouldn't want to do a little trading on the ZZT collection, would you?
    Sharp Dressed Man, Nov 6, 2008
  8. Scribner

    elaich Guest

    Scribner <> wrote in

    > I booted under Windows 98 SE. This is why I use FAT 32. The drive
    > was fully accessible. So what is Vista's problem?

    Don't you know that Vista will cripple your hardware and software if it
    detects copyrighted content? That's why it's a steaming pile of crap.
    elaich, Nov 6, 2008
  9. Scribner

    Guest

    , Nov 6, 2008
  10. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:11:41 -0500, "Sharp Dressed Man" <>
    wrote:

    >"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm running Vista Ultimate. My system has 3 hard drives (all Western
    >> Dig.) and two burners. Disk 0 is actually my H drive. It is FAT 32,
    >> 200 gigs. and I store stuff on it, ie. my mp3's. This drive has been
    >> running fine for years. The other day, I transferred my 11 ZZ Top
    >> albums over to it. Yesterday, this drive came up "Local Disk."
    >> Computer Management describes it as "RAW," "Healthy" and "Logical
    >> Drive." I thought that it might be a virus but Zone Alarm ran a scan
    >> and it came up clean. Partition Table Doctor 3.0 shows that it has a
    >> problem but it can't fix it. I tried to run PowerMax but I can't make
    >> a floppy because PowerMax insists that my write-protect tab is closed
    >> when it isn't. I checked my cables and they seem fine. Any ideas?
    >> Thanks.

    >Wouldn't want to do a little trading on the ZZT collection, would you?

    You can have what I have, except that I can't access it.
    Scribner, Nov 7, 2008
  11. On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:28:18 -0800, Scribner aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:11:41 -0500, "Sharp Dressed Man" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm running Vista Ultimate. My system has 3 hard drives (all Western
    >>> Dig.) and two burners. Disk 0 is actually my H drive. It is FAT 32,
    >>> 200 gigs. and I store stuff on it, ie. my mp3's. This drive has been
    >>> running fine for years. The other day, I transferred my 11 ZZ Top
    >>> albums over to it. Yesterday, this drive came up "Local Disk."
    >>> Computer Management describes it as "RAW," "Healthy" and "Logical
    >>> Drive." I thought that it might be a virus but Zone Alarm ran a scan
    >>> and it came up clean. Partition Table Doctor 3.0 shows that it has a
    >>> problem but it can't fix it. I tried to run PowerMax but I can't make
    >>> a floppy because PowerMax insists that my write-protect tab is closed
    >>> when it isn't. I checked my cables and they seem fine. Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks.

    >>Wouldn't want to do a little trading on the ZZT collection, would you?
    >>

    > You can have what I have, except that I can't access it.

    Probably not with windows. Use a live linux cd and mount the partiton that
    way.
    Sheesh...

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 7, 2008
  12. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:56:47 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:28:18 -0800, Scribner aided th' terraists with the
    >following claims :
    >
    >> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:11:41 -0500, "Sharp Dressed Man" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Wouldn't want to do a little trading on the ZZT collection, would you?
    >>>

    >> You can have what I have, except that I can't access it.

    >Probably not with windows. Use a live linux cd and mount the partiton that
    >way.
    >Sheesh...

    When I boot to DOD, I have no problem accessing the hard drive. It is
    only with Windoes and all of a sudden. Is this a MBR problem?
    Scribner, Nov 7, 2008