    and windows could not seee the partitiions. I did not reformat it.

    I tried using a live linux cd to see if it coudl see it and nothing.....

    Help please...any suggestions?

    kenv, Sep 5, 2006

  2. kenv

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "kenv" <> wrote in message
    news:44fd9885$0$34074$...
    > My hard drive crashed. I can see it in the bios....the comp is very slow
    > to boot when it is attached as a slave.
    >
    > It was my c drive. I was going to reload windows after the crash. Windows
    > saw it as a unformatt4ed unrecognized hard drive. It is also partitioned
    > and windows could not seee the partitiions. I did not reformat it.
    >
    > I tried using a live linux cd to see if it coudl see it and nothing.....
    >
    > Help please...any suggestions?

    Did the drive come with a diagnostic hardware utility to check out its
    health? If not, these are available at the manufacturer's website but you'd
    then need to go to another computer and download from there.

    Mark Mandell, Sep 5, 2006

  3. kenv

    bmoag Guest

    Did you do anything at all to change the partitions or to reformat the
    drive?
    For example if you tried to reinstall XP incorrectly you wiped your hard
    drive.
    If so the data is for all practical purposes lost.
    It is not clear what you mean by "the crash." Was your computer
    intermittently freezing, as it will if a hard drive is failing?

    bmoag, Sep 5, 2006
  4. kenv

    Guest

    Check the utilities in the following to recovery your HD, e.g HDD
    Regenerator, Hard Drive Mechanic.

    http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/system/systemrecovery.html

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    kenv wrote:
    > My hard drive crashed. I can see it in the bios....the comp is very slow
    > to boot when it is attached as a slave.
    >
    > It was my c drive. I was going to reload windows after the crash. Windows
    > saw it as a unformatt4ed unrecognized hard drive. It is also partitioned
    > and windows could not seee the partitiions. I did not reformat it.
    >
    > I tried using a live linux cd to see if it coudl see it and nothing.....
    >
    > Help please...any suggestions?

    , Sep 8, 2006