Hard drive is nearly full?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pollyannepocket, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. pollyannepocket

    pollyannepocket

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    I have a 37gb hard drive.
    It became full very quickly after I bought my PC. It's been like this for so long now and I've decided to finally do something about it.
    I'm using Vista.

    From what I can see this is what is using the space:
    Program files: 4gb
    Toshiba: 44mb
    Users: 9gb
    Windows: 13gb

    This totals approx 26 gb... so what happened to the other 11gb?!

    I know a little about pc's but not enough to fix this.

    Can someone please help me? and treat me like an idiot so I can't make any mistakes!
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    pollyannepocket, Sep 28, 2008

  2. pollyannepocket

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Recyle bin, Temporary Internet files, Swap file...

    In short, files somewhere are using the space. I'll look at a Vista machine this weekend to see if there are hidden directories.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
    MarkSatterfield, Oct 3, 2008