    --
    ~SF~
    *insert witty quote here*

    Senti, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Senti

    Senti Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    news:bthvbn$7e9k7$-berlin.de...
    > My hard drive is slowly failing and I would like to quickly copy an image
    > over to another hard drive I have kicking around. I was hoping everyone
    > could give me their impressions of whatever software they prefer for this.
    >
    > They only one I know of off the top of my head is Symantecs Drive Image
    > 7.0... Any others that are cheaper/better?

    Oh yeah... using XP Pro and all partitions are NTFS so I'll need something
    that will work with NTFS :)

    Senti, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Senti

    gigajosh Guest

    Well Noton Ghost is supposed to be on a par with the Symantec software, so
    you should check it out. Don't know if it's cheaper tho, sorry.
    NTFS it can do tho (says he being fairly damn certain) :)

    gigajosh, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Senti

    Dr. Compynei Guest

    I use Norton Ghost, an excellent program IMO

    Neil

    --
    Remove your clothes to reply via e-mail.

    Dr. Compynei, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Senti

    Won Dampchin Guest

    Senti wrote:
    > My hard drive is slowly failing and I would like to quickly copy an
    > image over to another hard drive I have kicking around. I was hoping
    > everyone could give me their impressions of whatever software they
    > prefer for this.
    >
    > They only one I know of off the top of my head is Symantecs Drive
    > Image
    > 7.0... Any others that are cheaper/better?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    It's a big download (18Mb), but you can try Acronis True Image 7.0 free for
    15 days.

    http://www.acronis.com/

    I am finding it to be simple (straight-forward with virtually no learning
    curve), effective, and fast. It supports full and incremental backups. I'm
    using Windows XP Professional, an external Maxtor 80Gb hard disk ( NTFS ),
    and expect to buy it at the end of the 15-day trial period.

    Regards

    Won Dampchin, Jan 7, 2004
  6. Senti

    ñKs Guest

    Uh Ghost is Symantec software...

    ñKs, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Senti

    ñKs Guest

    PowerQuest has Drive Imgae...

    ñKs, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Senti

    ñKs Guest

    and Drive Image...

    ñKs, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Senti

    BeeVee Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    > My hard drive is slowly failing and I would like to quickly copy an image
    > over to another hard drive I have kicking around. I was hoping everyone
    > could give me their impressions of whatever software they prefer for this.
    >
    > They only one I know of off the top of my head is Symantecs Drive Image
    > 7.0... Any others that are cheaper/better?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > --
    > ~SF~
    > *insert witty quote here*

    Check into power max v 3.04 Maxtors website. It will transfer your
    partitions into the new drive.
    BeeVee

    BeeVee, Jan 8, 2004
  10. Senti

    Senti Guest

    ñKs did mumble ...

    > PowerQuest has Drive Imgae...

    Yeah... I remembered seeing a big Symantec banner at the top of the screen..
    and when I did a quick search for it after my post I noticed it was by
    PowerQuest... Still under a big Symantec banner though *shrug*

    Thanks for the correction though :)

    > "Senti" <> wrote in message
    >> My hard drive is slowly failing and I would like to quickly copy an
    >> image over to another hard drive I have kicking around. I was
    >> hoping everyone could give me their impressions of whatever software
    >> they prefer for this.
    >>
    >> They only one I know of off the top of my head is Symantecs Drive
    >> Image
    >> 7.0... Any others that are cheaper/better?

    --
    ~SF~
    "Strange are the ways of corporate America..."

    Senti, Jan 8, 2004
  11. Senti

    O.Phooey Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message news:<bthvbn$7e9k7$-berlin.de>...
    > My hard drive is slowly failing and I would like to quickly copy an image
    > over to another hard drive I have kicking around. I was hoping everyone
    > could give me their impressions of whatever software they prefer for this.
    >
    > They only one I know of off the top of my head is Symantecs Drive Image
    > 7.0... Any others that are cheaper/better?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    I use the maxtor software that came with my new HD. If you want a
    grEAT WEBSITE ABOUT HOW TO USE nORTON'S gHOST HERE IT IS
    http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_1.htm

    O.Phooey, Jan 8, 2004