    boot drive. When I installed the new drive, windows hangs at the startup
    winxp screen. Is there a step I am missing?

    thanks!
    Z, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Z

    Z Guest

    MORE INFO:

    The drive that was formerly the boot drive was moved to an external
    enclosure. It still appears as the "C" drive in windows. When I shut down
    power to the external drive, Windows XP hangs at startup. The comp will
    boot when the external drive is powered up. I used Maxtors Max Blast 3 to
    copy the original C drive to a new drive. Shouldn't that make the new drive
    the C drive? Is there a setting to enable the new drive to be the main
    bootable C drive?

    "Z" <> wrote in message
    > I have imaged my boot drive to a new drive and want the new drive to be

    the

    Z, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Z

    John Guest

    Try using norton ghost, Its never failed me yet.

    John, Sep 29, 2003