    causing these obnoxious noises?

    Thanks all!

    Ray

    itemyar, Feb 18, 2006

  2. itemyar

    Robert Baer Guest

    itemyar wrote:

    > I have an older Dell Dimension with a SCSI hard drive and I just installed a
    > PCI buss USB/Firewire card, and since then, my hard drive seems to always be
    > doing something; what I mean is, every ten seconds or so, I hear a short
    > burst of activity like there's something running in the background, maybe
    > some kind of monitoring thingy?? Anybody have any ideas what might be
    > causing these obnoxious noises?
    >
    > Thanks all!
    >
    > Ray

    What software did you install and/or what virii do you now have?

    Robert Baer, Feb 18, 2006

  3. itemyar

    itemyar Guest

    The only software I installed was the driver for the card! I used the "Add
    New Hardware" in "Control panel", then I inserted the CD that came with the
    card when I was prompted to do this! I'm using Norton Antivirus software!

    Thanks for your reply!

    itemyar, Feb 18, 2006
  4. itemyar

    Robert Baer Guest

    itemyar wrote:

    > The only software I installed was the driver for the card! I used the "Add
    > New Hardware" in "Control panel", then I inserted the CD that came with the
    > card when I was prompted to do this! I'm using Norton Antivirus software!
    >
    > Thanks for your reply!
    >

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>itemyar wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have an older Dell Dimension with a SCSI hard drive and I just
    >>>installed a PCI buss USB/Firewire card, and since then, my hard drive
    >>>seems to always be doing something; what I mean is, every ten seconds or
    >>>so, I hear a short burst of activity like there's something running in
    >>>the background, maybe some kind of monitoring thingy?? Anybody have any
    >>>ideas what might be causing these obnoxious noises?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks all!
    >>>
    >>>Ray

    >> What software did you install and/or what virii do you now have?

    Try disabling NAV.

    Robert Baer, Feb 19, 2006
  5. itemyar

    itemyar Guest

    Thanks again, I'll try disabling NAV to see if the noise stops; if it does,
    'least then I'll know what's causing it, but I can put up with the
    aggravating little noises rather than being unprotected, if you know what I
    mean? I'll report back and let you know if it made any difference.

    itemyar, Feb 19, 2006