    did. Where can I find all the files this computer is saving in sys-restore
    so I can delete them and start over (without going back to a full restore and
    losing everything)? Thank you - Sam
    =?Utf-8?B?bXVkc3Vk?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXVkc3Vk?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    The System Restore settings can be accessed in the following way :

    1. Right click the My Computer icon on the Desktop and click on
    Properties.
    2. Click on the System Restore tab.

    Here you can turn of System Restore on all drives if you want. Clicking
    on the Settings button for a particular drive will allow you
    selectively disable Restore for that drive, and/or adjust the disk size
    consumed.

    This would be the recommended way of disabling System Restore. When you
    do so, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you should
    regain your disk space.

    The files used for Restoration are stored at <Drive:>\System Volume
    Information, which if I remember correctly, is a hidden or system
    folder. But I would not recommend that you manually delete files from
    there.

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Thank you so very, very, VERY much ! I just regained 40 gig thanks to you.
    I REALLY appreciate the fix you willingly gave me. If you are anywhere
    around Dallas/Ft.Worth I'll buy you a steak. Thanks very much again. Sam

    =?Utf-8?B?bXVkc3Vk?=, Apr 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bXVkc3Vk?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    He he, you're most welcome, Sam...

    It is indeed surprising that 40 GB space was used up in this ! I
    personally only turn on System Restore when I have some divine
    intuition that my system is gonna crash ! ;-)

    >> If you are anywhere around Dallas/Ft.Worth I'll buy you a steak.

    Well, actually I'm quite far off in India, but if you come around here,
    I'll buy you a Dosa...

    Enjoy,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.