Hard drive extended partition

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by DWade, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. DWade

    DWade Guest

    I have a hard drive partitioned as follows
    80 gig primary 1 Win Xp PRO SP3
    40 gig primary 2 Win XP 64 PRO SP2
    18 gig primary 3 Linux 64 bit
    102 gig secondary 4
    the secondary is divided into 3 33 gig partitions for data an 1 2 gig
    partiton as a linux swap.

    ---
    Wins XP PRO and Linux 64 both see all the partitions correctly.
    Window xp 64 sees the linux swap partition as primary partition.
    At first I thought this was a major problem. But I then found Gpt (GUID
    Partitioning)

    ____
    Yet this is a MBR setup hard drive how is and why is Windows XP 64 seeing
    this Extended swap partition as a Primary partition?

    Win 64 sees the Linux swap partition which is at the end of the secondary
    partition as primary partition. At first I thought there was a big problem
    until I found out

    DWade, Jun 9, 2008