Hard Drive Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I got that error before on a p4p800 motherboard. Happened just before the power
    supply packed it in.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 23, 2008

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Try rewriting the master boot record.

    don, Oct 23, 2008
  4. Tony

    thanatoid Guest

    Tony <> wrote in

    > Try rewriting the master boot record.

    He won't know how. I don't either, FTM.

    I know I should by now, it's only been 15+ years.
    thanatoid, Oct 23, 2008
  5. Tony

    don Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > Try rewriting the master boot record.

    I tried several times..... Fdisk /MBR and windows recovery mode
    don, Oct 23, 2008
  6. Tony

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:11:36 -0500, don wrote:

    > I noticed that when I initially startup I have two versions of Windows
    > to select from?

    Well don't keep us (tinu) guessing. Did you notice?

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Oct 23, 2008
  7. On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:27:01 -0500, don aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> Try rewriting the master boot record.

    > I tried several times..... Fdisk /MBR and windows recovery mode

    Fdisk wont show you hidden partitions that load TSRs.
    Compaq was famous for that shit. You need a diskwasher program that will
    WIPE the drive completely.

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Oct 23, 2008
  8. Tony

    chuckcar Guest

    "don" <> wrote in news:gdp0tt$8n5$:

    > ok, I tried to reinstall WinXP because when I try to boot up I get an
    > Unmountable_Boot_Volume error message.
    >
    > I noticed that when I initially startup I have two versions of Windows
    > to select from? I get as far as the Windows logo screen before
    > the blue screen of death.
    >
    > I have tried using all kinds of tools like Parttion Magic, FDISK, a
    > freeware program called KILLDISK but everytime I boot up I still get the
    > two choices of Windows and the Windows logo comes up and then the BSOD.
    >
    > When I use various check disk programs no bad sectors are found, but
    > when I try and reinstall Windows I get an error message at ID 0 which
    > I think has something to do with the boot sector .
    >
    > Dell Tech support says I need a new hard drive which I would believe
    > except for the fact that every hard disk checker I use indicates
    > everything is fine.
    >
    > Dell Inspiron 1100 with a Subassy hard drive. Maybe a low level format
    > would clean everything but I don't know how to do it.
    >
    > There maybe an anti-virus program running on this machine which I do not
    > know about. This is actually a friends computer, so I'm not totally
    > famliar
    > with everything that got to this point.

    You have a *lot* of questions about your software and hardware that you
    *should* know about but don't. Why's that?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 23, 2008