    i go into the bios and it says that its not there?
    i havent touched anythin

    please help someone

    Jordan Lee, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Jordan Lee

    Harrison Guest

    Possible Scenarios:

    1. Drive is failing.
    2. Motherboard is failing.

    Solutions:
    1. Try drive on different motherboard.
    2. Try different drive on same motherboard.

    Harrison, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Jordan Lee

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Jordan Lee" <> wrote:

    >when i start my pc it hangs befor it detects where to boot from then after
    >it skips A: and then the cdrom. it tries my hard disk. then it crashes and
    >simply says error.
    >
    >i go into the bios and it says that its not there?
    >i havent touched anythin
    >
    >please help someone

    Check inside the case and make sure all the connections are fully
    seated. Sometimes a cable, especially a hard drive data cable, will
    become partially dislodged.

    Leave the cover off the machine and power it up. Do you hear the hard
    drive spinning? Do you hear a clicking noise every few seconds from
    the hard drive?

    The most likely cause of your problem is a total failure of the hard
    drive, and in that case your only option is to replace it. A visit
    to the repair shop might be advisable, if only to confirm that the
    drive is defunct.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --