    Model: 6Y120P0032811

    Can you help?
    Thanks,

    Me/PDX, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Me/PDX

    Plato Guest

    Me/PDX wrote:

    > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that I
    > have never installed.

    Computer retail stores? Online stores? Which ones have you tried?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    I just looked in today's sale ad for Comp USA and only see one for 3" and
    Best Buy add for today has only the 3". I looked on the web site
    www.geeks.com and saw that someone has seen them for 2 1/2" , 3" and 5 1/2"
    but not 4".
    Let me know if you come across one for the 4".
    Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

    Me/PDX, Nov 14, 2005
  4. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    Plato........see below.........do you think that 3.5"/5.25" means that it
    will fit everything from 3.5" through 5.25"?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3778436?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    ADS USBX-804 USB2.0 3.5"/5.25" Hard Drive/CDRW/CDR/DVDRW Enclosure Kit
    5.25" USB Enclosures:

    Me/PDX, Nov 14, 2005
  5. Me/PDX

    Mitch Guest

    In article <vhVdf.7475$>, Me/PDX
    <> wrote:

    > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that I
    > have never installed.

    Where do you get that four-inch number?

    If you are measuring the width, that isn't the measurement that they
    are talking about -- it's the platter width inside.
    You are holding a 3.5 inch drive.
    Other common sizes are 2.5 inch and 5.25 inch.
    (Not 3, 4, or 5.5)

    So you are trying to find an enclosure for a 3.5 inch drive.

    That would be most of them.

    Mitch, Nov 14, 2005
  6. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    Mitch,
    Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!

    Me/PDX, Nov 14, 2005
  7. Me/PDX

    Mitch Guest

    In article <P7Wdf.7209$>, Me/PDX
    <> wrote:

    > Plato........see below.........do you think that 3.5"/5.25" means that it
    > will fit everything from 3.5" through 5.25"?
    > Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3778436?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    > ADS USBX-804 USB2.0 3.5"/5.25" Hard Drive/CDRW/CDR/DVDRW Enclosure Kit
    > 5.25" USB Enclosures:

    CD drives are only 5.25"; I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive
    bracket were big enough for 5.25", too; probably the same piece.

    I found some good prices and unusual enclosures on newegg.com before:

    http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=92

    I'm not sure everyone's experience with newegg has been positive,
    though. Mine was good.

    Mitch, Nov 14, 2005
  8. Me/PDX

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:vhVdf.7475$,
    Me/PDX spewed forth:
    > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive
    > that I have never installed.
    >
    > Hard drive is: Maxtor 120G 8M 7200/133
    > HDI-MAX-120G-8MB
    > DiamondMax Plus 9
    > 120GB ATA/133 HD
    > Model: 6Y120P0032811
    >
    > Can you help?
    > Thanks,

    ebay. I've bought several there for around $11 to $13 after shipping.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 15, 2005
  9. Howdy!

    "Me/PDX" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that

    > have never installed.
    >
    > Hard drive is: Maxtor 120G 8M 7200/133
    > HDI-MAX-120G-8MB
    > DiamondMax Plus 9
    > 120GB ATA/133 HD
    > Model: 6Y120P0032811

    Just a note - that's a 3.5" drive.

    Try measuring the WIDTH not the DEPTH - that is,the size between the
    mounting holes, not from IDE connector to front.

    THAT said - if you're in the USA (hard to say, no hints from you),
    try www.geeks.com and check their drive enclosures.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 15, 2005