    photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    this.

    Luce Powells

    Luce Powells, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Luce Powells

    Pete D Guest

    "Luce Powells" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    > one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    > of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    > photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    > this.
    >

    > Luce Powells

    Probably not without the laptop, mind you an older one secondhand can be had
    pretty cheaply.

    Pete D, Jun 19, 2005

  3. Luce Powells

    Rusty Gunn Guest

    I use an X-drive Pro which uses a laptop hard drive. I have one with a 40
    gig hdd in it and have used it whilst hiking and nothing has gone wrong.

    try here http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/

    --
    Regards

    Rusty Gunn

    (Please remove NOCRAPSPAM from Email before replying)

    Rusty Gunn, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Luce Powells

    Deedee Tee Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:47:27 -0400, Luce Powells <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    >one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    >of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    >photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    >this.
    >

    >Luce Powells

    I never saw such a beast, probably because it would weight 4 times
    more than with a 2.5 inch drive, and would need a beefy power supply.

    Deedee Tee, Jun 19, 2005
  5. Luce Powells

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Luce Powells
    says...

    > Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    > one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    > of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    > photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    > this.

    Why don't you want to use 2.5" drives devices - these devices cost very
    little.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jun 19, 2005
  6. Luce Powells

    Rudy Benner Guest

    > Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    > one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    > of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    > photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    > this.
    >

    > Luce Powells

    Look for Roadstor (spelling correct) on eBay. Also Apacer CP200.

    Rudy Benner, Jun 19, 2005
  7. Luce Powells

    Luce Powells Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:37:06 +0200, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Luce Powells
    >says...
    >>
    >> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    >> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    >> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    >> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    >> this.

    >Why don't you want to use 2.5" drives devices - these devices cost very
    >little.

    Alfred, I was under the impression, apparently a wrong one, that they
    were expensive. Could you recommend a unit or product, one available
    in the USA? Thanks.

    Luce Powells

    Luce Powells, Jun 19, 2005
  8. Luce Powells

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Luce Powells
    says...

    > Alfred, I was under the impression, apparently a wrong one, that they
    > were expensive. Could you recommend a unit or product, one available
    > in the USA? Thanks.

    The best at the moment seems to be this one:
    http://www.compactdrive.com/

    The PDX70x (not the predecessor PDX7), which they sell for $150 without
    HDD and $211 with a 40GB HDD, or $272 with a 80GB HDD.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jun 19, 2005
  9. The absolute cheapest way is to burn them on a cd in the nearest lab.At
    least here, this is available.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Jun 19, 2005
  10. Luce Powells

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Luce Powells <> wrote:

    > Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
    > one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
    > of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
    > photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
    > this.

    Get yourself an Apacer Disc Steno
    http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english/product_html/disc_steno_cp80.asp

    I bought a CP100 last year and have been very satisfied with it.
    There are portable hard-drives too out there but at least with the Steno
    you have the option of making a 2nd copy.

    Stewy, Jul 5, 2005