    programs to find it. The Drive is on, and it sounds like the plates are
    spinning.

    Please HELP!
    Alex, May 1, 2005

  2. Alex

    Terry Joyce Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > I recently got an external drive on a USB 2.0 connection, and on Friday it
    > just disappeared from the computer. I have tried turning it on, off,
    > removing the cables, putting them back, Device Manager, Computer Management,
    > etc. and nothing works. sometimes I get Error Code 10 on the USB connection
    > which says "Mass Storage Device" and other times the tools say that it is
    > working properly, but it will not show up as a Drive anywhere on the Windows
    > Explorer, etc. I cannot use it, and I cannot even get any of the Repair
    > programs to find it. The Drive is on, and it sounds like the plates are
    > spinning.
    >
    > Please HELP!

    Try it on another system. Try another data cable.
    let us know
    Tee Jay
    Terry Joyce, May 1, 2005

  3. Alex

    Astraman Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    >I recently got an external drive on a USB 2.0 connection, and on Friday it
    > just disappeared from the computer. I have tried turning it on, off,
    > removing the cables, putting them back, Device Manager, Computer
    > Management,
    > etc. and nothing works. sometimes I get Error Code 10 on the USB
    > connection
    > which says "Mass Storage Device" and other times the tools say that it is
    > working properly, but it will not show up as a Drive anywhere on the
    > Windows
    > Explorer, etc. I cannot use it, and I cannot even get any of the Repair
    > programs to find it. The Drive is on, and it sounds like the plates are
    > spinning.
    >
    > Please HELP!

    Did it come with any software to install before hooking it up. If so may be
    worth uninstalling and reinstalling
    Astraman, May 1, 2005
  4. Alex

    Pizza Boy Guest

    "Astraman" <> Did it come with any software to install before hooking it up.
    If so may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling

    It is PlugNPlay. The drive is supposed to work out of the box. It included a
    CD of drivers, but Windows will not install any of them, saying that their
    own driver from Windows XP 2001 is "the best driver"
    Pizza Boy, May 1, 2005