    Cheers
    Neil
    XP

    Dr. Compynei, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Dr. Compynei

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Dr. Compynei" wrote in message
    news:ngW4f.4116$

    > I got a blue screen on my other machine, and upon restarting it
    > won't boot. I get a data read error.
    >
    > Anyway, I installed the drive onto another machine as a Slave
    > and I get G: is not accessable, file or directory corrupted or
    > unreadable. I had a quick go with GetDataBack for NTFS but
    > that didnt recover much. Its got everything on there, and I promise
    > now to keep backups!
    >
    > Anyone got a sure-fire way to get all my data back? I don't mind
    > paying, I just need the lot of it!

    I've used these guys before...
    http://www.vogon-international.com/data-recovery/data-recovery.htm
    ....but you need to be sure that the data you want to recover is worth the
    not insubstantial cost they'll ask to do it for you.

    Dave Lear, Oct 18, 2005

  3. GreenieLeBrun, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Dr. Compynei

    Richard Guest

    > I got a blue screen on my other machine, and upon restarting it won't

    boot.
    > I get a data read error.
    >
    > Anyway, I installed the drive onto another machine as a Slave and I get G:
    > is not accessable, file or directory corrupted or unreadable. I had a

    quick
    > go with GetDataBack for NTFS but that didnt recover much. Its got

    everything
    > on there, and I promise now to keep backups!
    >
    > Anyone got a sure-fire way to get all my data back? I don't mind paying, I
    > just need the lot of it!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil
    > XP

    program called iRecover, can rebuild almost any drive, the almost being
    completely dead.

    Richard, Oct 18, 2005
  5. Dr. Compynei

    VikasJ Guest

    Hey Dude,

    Change the boot sequence in the bios to cd / dvd drive. then reboot
    your system with the windows XP bootable cd in the drive. this will
    initiate the process of setup . On one of the screens at the bootm you
    would find a message press r for recovery and c for something. Press r
    you would boot into admin account . Press 1 and hit enter. Punch
    FIXBOOT and then press enter. It will ask for confirmation. Press y and
    hit enter again this would fix the drive.
    Rebot and bingo.

    Vikas

    VikasJ, Oct 18, 2005