    experiences?

    thx

    Dave
    feRRets_inc, Nov 16, 2003

  2. feRRets_inc

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "feRRets_inc" <> wrote in message
    news:3fb6fa8b$...
    > G'day all
    >
    > I'm just wondering what is the best in terms of reliability for hard

    drives?
    > I'm currently considering a Western Digital; any opinions or bad
    > experiences?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Dave

    Check out www.storagereview.com, they have great info on a lot of drives.
    I personally have two drives in my PC, both are WD JB drives (8mb cache).
    One is a 120GB, the other is a 200GB and they're both running great.

    --Adam
    Adam Steiner, Nov 16, 2003

  3. feRRets_inc

    blackdragon Guest

    I have Maxtor's. I am running 3 ultra's (7200rpm with 8mb cache). A 120,
    60, and a 40. All ATA133.

    WD's are also good drives. The only one I have had bad luck with is
    Seagate.

    blackdragon, Nov 16, 2003
  4. feRRets_inc

    NightSky 421 Guest

    > G'day all
    >
    > I'm just wondering what is the best in terms of reliability for hard

    drives?
    > I'm currently considering a Western Digital; any opinions or bad
    > experiences?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Dave

    I can only speak from personal experience, but I bought a 120GB 8MB cache
    Western Digitial drive in the late summer and it's given me no trouble. The
    other hard drive in my system is an 80GB Maxtor with 2MB cache which I've
    owned for over a year, and it's been great too. However, a relative of mine
    bought a 60GB Maxtor hard drive in the summer of 2002 and it failed just
    last month.

    In my 12+ years as a PC user, I've only had one hard drive fail on me in my
    life and that was an 850MB Quantum drive which died in the fall of 1999.

    These days, I won't buy any hard drive that doesn't come with a three year
    warranty standard.
    NightSky 421, Nov 16, 2003
  5. feRRets_inc

    Eskay Guest

    feRRets_inc wrote:
    > G'day all
    >
    > I'm just wondering what is the best in terms of reliability for hard drives?
    > I'm currently considering a Western Digital; any opinions or bad
    > experiences?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Dave

    I have a Fujitsu 10 GB drive that was replaced twice and the last one I
    got is busted too.I now have a Maxtor 40 GB drive and I have not had any
    problems with it.
    Eskay
    Eskay, Nov 16, 2003
  6. feRRets_inc

    Isildur Guest

    > G'day all
    >
    > I'm just wondering what is the best in terms of reliability for hard

    drives?
    > I'm currently considering a Western Digital; any opinions or bad
    > experiences?

    Had bad experiences with two maxtors, the issue still might not be resolved,
    currently running a Western Digital and i cannot believe how efficient and
    quiet it is!
    Just hope i don't get the same issue as the other two!
    Isildur, Nov 16, 2003
  7. feRRets_inc

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:26:08 -0700, "NightSky 421"
    <> wrote:

    > These days, I won't buy any hard drive that doesn't
    > come with a three year warranty standard.

    Hard to find today :-(
    One year are standard from this year.
    Ken, Nov 16, 2003
  8. feRRets_inc

    NightSky 421 Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message

    > Hard to find today :-(

    They are becoming increasingly uncommon, unfortunately.

    > One year are standard from this year.

    I still see some hard drives offering a three year warranty, though you are
    right to say that they are getting hard to find.
    NightSky 421, Nov 17, 2003