    If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.

    http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html

    Thanks in Advance, ☺x@y☺
    *x@y*, Jan 22, 2006

  2. *x@y*

    old jon Guest

    "*x@y*" <> wrote in message
    news:SUOAf.20$...

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    > on the Link below.
    >
    > This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    > Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    > I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    > My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >
    > Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    > If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >
    > http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >
    > Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?

    Why don`t you just `create an image` with Acronis to your backup drive ?.

    Also important, is to create the Recovery CD, so you can restore the image
    to a hard drive, should you ever have to.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 22, 2006

  3. *x@y*

    MJP Guest

    "*x@y*" <> wrote in message

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    > on the Link below.
    >
    > This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    > Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    > I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    > My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >
    > Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    > If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >
    > http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >
    > Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?

    How is your remove disk formatted? If it is FAT32 and the image you are
    trying to create is larger than 4 gigabytes the file system will not allow
    it..

    MJP
    MJP, Jan 22, 2006
  4. *x@y*

    Thip Guest

    "*x@y*" <> wrote in message

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    > on the Link below.
    >
    > This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    > Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    > I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    > My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >
    > Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    > If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >
    > http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >
    > Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?

    I don't know what you're problem is with Acronis; it's an awesome piece of
    software that's save my sorry tail more than once, and it's very easy to
    use. I make an image of my hard drive, store it on a portable drive, and
    when I need to restore all I have to do is boot from the recovery CD. It
    takes about 25 minutes.
    Thip, Jan 22, 2006
  5. *x@y*

    Sunny Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote in message

    > "*x@y*" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    >> on the Link below.
    >>
    >> This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    >> Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    >> I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    >> My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >>
    >> Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    >> If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >>
    >> http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?
    >>

    > I don't know what you're problem is with Acronis; it's an awesome piece of
    > software that's save my sorry tail more than once, and it's very easy to
    > use. I make an image of my hard drive, store it on a portable drive, and
    > when I need to restore all I have to do is boot from the recovery CD. It
    > takes about 25 minutes.

    Any reported conflicts, if Partition Magic 8.01 and Boot Magic are also
    being used in a dual boot system ?
    Sunny, Jan 22, 2006
  6. *x@y*

    *x@y* Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "*x@y*" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    >> on the Link below.
    >>
    >> This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    >> Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    >> I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    >> My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >>
    >> Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    >> If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >>
    >> http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?
    >>

    > Why don`t you just `create an image` with Acronis to your backup drive ?.
    >
    > Also important, is to create the Recovery CD, so you can restore the image
    > to a hard drive, should you ever have to.
    >
    > --
    > bw..OJ

    Hello OJ,

    I just upgraded from Version 8, to Version 9. I can clone my C:\ HD,
    to the removable HD:\ easy.

    The support team @ Acronis advice not to use the cloning option
    for backup purposes, they recommend "Imaging" Cloning could be used
    as a backup if we remove the cloned copy from the computer before
    booting back to Windows. Acronis does not warranty that the clone
    Copy will work if used as a backup.

    I have to study that Imaging Business a little
    dipper. I have seen other backup programs much friendlier to use.
    For the time being I have a Cloned Copy, just in case if my Puter should
    "Like they say" Crap out.

    Thanks for Your reply x@y
    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006
  7. *x@y*

    Plato Guest

    *x@y* wrote:

    > This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    > Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    > I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    > My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.

    http://www.xxclone.com/

    FREE

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 23, 2006
  8. *x@y*

    *x@y* Guest

    "MJP" <> wrote in message

    > "*x@y*" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    >> on the Link below.
    >>
    >> This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    >> Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    >> I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    >> My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >>
    >> Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    >> If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >>
    >> http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?

    > How is your remove disk formatted? If it is FAT32 and the image you are
    > trying to create is larger than 4 gigabytes the file system will not allow
    > it..
    >
    > MJP

    Hello MJP,

    My removable HD is 40GB capacity, and You are right my System is FAT32.
    The content on my C:\ HD is around the 17GB. It will clone ok with Acronis 9,
    before cloning Acronis shows the size, and the File System on HD C:\, and
    shows what is going to be on the backup HD\, in my case if I use cloning
    on the clone HD\ shows the same "FAT32" I know there are programs that
    can convert FAT32, to: is it NTFS? I am not sure, My System is FAT32
    since I bought the Computer, I do not mind to change to NTFS but I am not
    sure if I will have problems afterwards.

    Thanks for Your Reply, x@y
    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006
  9. *x@y*

    *x@y* Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote in message..

    > "*x@y*" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hello Everyone,
    >>
    >> On Google search I have found the "Super Duper V2" Info.
    >> on the Link below.
    >>
    >> This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    >> Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    >> I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    >> My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.
    >>
    >> Would like to know more about Super Duper performance.
    >> If You have read negative reports about the Product please share.
    >>
    >> http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance, ?x@y?
    >>

    > I don't know what you're problem is with Acronis; it's an awesome piece of
    > software that's save my sorry tail more than once, and it's very easy to
    > use. I make an image of my hard drive, store it on a portable drive, and
    > when I need to restore all I have to do is boot from the recovery CD. It
    > takes about 25 minutes.

    Hello Thip,

    I have just found out it is my System File FAT32,
    it will not let You Image Systems larger than 4GB,
    my C:\ HD is 60 GB size and its content is around 17GB.

    I guess I have to change to the other type of System file,
    if I should want to Image.

    Thanks for Your reply, x@y
    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006
  10. *x@y*

    *x@y* Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message ..
    > *x@y* wrote:
    >>
    >> This is new to me, I have read of the most common Cloning Software.
    >> Lately I got stuck with the new "Acronis True Image 9"
    >> I can Clone my "C:\" to a Removable HHD, but cannot create an Image.
    >> My guess is it allows Images at same HHD, I may be wrong.

    > http://www.xxclone.com/
    >

    > FREE
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Hello Plato,

    The problem is I was trying to "Image" a Window System of
    17GB FAT32 size, from a C:\ HD to a removable HD, I was
    told that for Imaging FAT32 the System Files cannot be larger
    than 4GB. Acronis will clone the 17GB in FAT32 but will not
    Image it. I will try XXclone and see the options.

    Thank You Very Much for the xxclone link, x@y
    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006