    limited time on it. What is a good , easy to use backup spftware for
    MS Windows XP service pack 2. That will work well with this Maxtor 160
    gb USB 2 drive.

    David Wells, Dec 26, 2004

  2. David Wells

    Robert Baer Guest

    David Wells wrote:

    > I got a Maxtor USB drive to back my computer to. It came with
    > Retrospect backup software but as usual the software comes with a
    > limited time on it. What is a good , easy to use backup spftware for
    > MS Windows XP service pack 2. That will work well with this Maxtor 160
    > gb USB 2 drive.

    Use Ghost or DriveCopy.
    *Always* make an exact copy of the working drive to the backup drive,
    and disconnect the backup drive when done.
    Do this on a regular basis (one week more or less depending on how
    much use the system gets).
    When the working drive fails, then the backup drive will be the
    replacement - and then immediately buy another HD for backup (unless you
    keep a spare on hand).
    Most "backup" software encrypts the data and so the backup HD is
    useless for immediate replacement purposes; you would be stuck with
    formatting yet another HD, installing an OS, and installing enough
    programs to allow the backup to be restored to that new HD - PITA!!

    Robert Baer, Dec 27, 2004

  3. David Wells

    The One Guest

    "Lord Lancelot Fidgebanks-Favingban"

    Are you a twat

    The One, Dec 28, 2004
  4. The One, <>, the stuporous, incredibly large
    taxidermist, and seller of ale, frothed:

    > "Lord Lancelot Fidgebanks-Favingban"
    >
    > Are you a twat

    Seemingly, you're a dumfuck ****.
    HTH

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Smoked blow flies with infected crunchy handkerchief dregs and clove
    vinaigrette, served in a bubbling mug containing chewy specks of radish,
    intestine and sausage in odoriferous compost gravy, a side of fruit and a
    bowl of smegma.

    Lord Jarrett Coblingnuck-Dummerspear, Dec 28, 2004
  5. David Wells

    The One Guest

    >> "Lard Cuntface Fidgewank-Favinwankfuck"
    >>
    >> Are you a twat

    > Seemingly, you're a dumfuck ****.
    > HTH

    Seemingly, you monical wearing fucknut moronic arsewipe.

    The One, Dec 29, 2004
  6. The One, <>, the beetling, sterile minnow, and
    girdle maker, cursed:

    >>> "Lard Cuntface Fidgewank-Favinwankfuck"
    >>>
    >>> Are you a twat

    >> Seemingly, you're a dumfuck ****.
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Seemingly, you monical wearing fucknut moronic arsewipe.

    You seem to have one confused with Christopher Eubank, yet more evidence
    that you're a thick, knuckle-dragging, fuckchop.

    HTH

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Fricasseed marmot muscle and heartworm adenoid topping fondued inside
    scorched live rat embryos and budgerigar liver seasoning with decomposed
    syphilis scabs and turnip extract garnished with pickled human armpit hairs,
    dished up in a steaming bucket stuffed with canned pieces of cashew, pepper
    and carrot in melted cheese, a side of chips and a bottle of pecan juice.

    Most Reverend Kendrick Nicklebury-Clorringspear, Dec 29, 2004