    Can anyone recommend free hard drive backing up software, idealy to back up
    to another hard drive, or is it worth buying something like Norton Ghost?

    Thankyou.

    The One, Dec 9, 2004

  2. The One

    Jerry G. Guest

    I am using Norton Ghost. It was not terribly expensive, and it works very
    well. It is also very reliable in both its operations. It also offers a lot
    of options about how it can do its work.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Dec 10, 2004

  3. The One

    mark mandel Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend free hard drive backing up software, idealy to back

    up
    > to another hard drive, or is it worth buying something like Norton Ghost?
    >
    > Thankyou.

    I'll second the comment about the Norton Ghost even though at times it has
    "misbehaved."

    mark mandel, Dec 10, 2004
  4. The One

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:11:57 -0000, "The One"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend free hard drive backing up software, idealy to back up
    >to another hard drive, or is it worth buying something like Norton Ghost?
    >
    >Thankyou.

    BootItNG...free for 30 days.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Dec 10, 2004
  5. The One

    bearman Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend free hard drive backing up software, idealy to back

    up
    > to another hard drive, or is it worth buying something like Norton Ghost?
    >
    > Thankyou.

    I use Acronis True Image. Works well, so far.

    Bearman
    --
    If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.

    bearman, Dec 12, 2004
  6. The One

    Me Guest

    I use Dantz Retrospect. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but it's easy to
    use, and has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. I use it to
    backup to an external hard drive.

    --
    It isn't whether you win or lose, it's where you
    place the blame.

    Me, Dec 12, 2004