    working normally.

    Thanks in advance for your advise,
    Larry Hoffman
    Hoffman, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Hoffman

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Hoffman" <> wrote in news:A1CFc.41886$rCA1.718
    @news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

    > Is this anything to be concerned with? The system otherwise seems to be
    > working normally.

    Not a huge deal. Your original problem was you had both drives on one
    cable, and both where jumpered as slaves.
    Jim Berwick, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Hoffman

    Kenny Guest

    If you had booted from the XP CD and chose Repair you wouldn't have needed
    to do a full re-install.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Hoffman

    Hoffman Guest

    I was told by the AMD rep that he hasn't seen an upgrade to a new
    motherboard that hasn't needed a reinstall of the os. I was also told by the
    owner of a computer shop that I've known for years, that unless you can do
    adjustments to the registry, and really know the registry well, that a
    reinstall is necessary. There are just too many differences in the chip sets
    etc.
    It was probably time for a fresh install anyway.
    I just want to be ok with the set up in the BIOS. I didn't make any changes
    to the jumpers on the drives, and originally the bios saw them properly. I
    can't figure out why this happened. Anyway, if the system will work ok the
    way it's set up, I'm not going to worry about it.
    Thanks to you both for your assistance.
    If anyone else has comments for me, please do so.

    Thanks again,
    Larry

    Hoffman, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Hoffman

    WebWalker Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:32:56 GMT, "Hoffman" <>
    wrote:

    >I just want to be ok with the set up in the BIOS. I didn't make any changes
    >to the jumpers on the drives, and originally the bios saw them properly. I
    >can't figure out why this happened. Anyway, if the system will work ok the
    >way it's set up, I'm not going to worry about it.
    >Thanks to you both for your assistance.
    >If anyone else has comments for me, please do so.

    Are you setup your HD and burner jumpers correctly?
    Try to take them out and inspect the jumpers with the drive cover label.
    If you having both in the different IDE, then you should set of their
    jumper as master.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Jul 4, 2004
  6. Hoffman

    Hoffman Guest

    Thanks, I'll check them.
    Larry

    Hoffman, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Hoffman

    Hoffman Guest

    Web Walker, your a bloody genius. I changed the jumpers and, whether it made
    a difference or not, connected them with the furthest connection on the
    cables, and both are now masters; the hard drive the primary of course.

    Thanks you for your sound advice.
    Larry.

    Hoffman, Jul 4, 2004