    problems for me. The reason I want to do this is because I need some of the
    files I left on there.
    Any advise would be appreciated

    johanna, Nov 17, 2004

  2. You can change the jumper on the drive and make it a slave. Then you can
    use the new drive and view the contents of the old drive.

    or, I just did this last week. I bought a new 80gig drive from Maxtor
    and I used the MaxBlast CD (This duplicated my old drive in about an hour)

    Brian Z

    Brian Zurawski, Nov 17, 2004

  3. johanna

    bmoag Guest

    You can even use your old drive as your primary drive if you prefer. However
    if you are using XP you will have to reactivate, usually requiring a long,
    tedious call to the Microsoft center in India.

    bmoag, Nov 17, 2004
  4. johanna

    johanna Guest

    That was great advise ,,, I did exactly as you said and it works wonderful.
    thanks a mil

    johanna, Nov 18, 2004
  5. johanna

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    there is a program on the web to fool the xp activation in seconds

    Nascar24Rulz, Nov 18, 2004
  6. johanna

    Plato Guest

    Nascar24Rulz wrote:

    > there is a program on the web to fool the xp activation in seconds

    yep

    Plato, Nov 18, 2004
  7. johanna

    frank ashton Guest