    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk
    Global_Killa, May 1, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Tom F Guest

    It usually indicated that you'll soon have a head-crash.
    Hope you back up your data.

    Tom F, May 1, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    > It usually indicated that you'll soon have a head-crash.

    Whats one of these? If this happens, is the hard disk useless?

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, May 1, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Tom F Guest

    Yes, very useless.

    Head Crash:
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question60.htm

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message news:c70nrh$1pi$...
    | > It usually indicated that you'll soon have a head-crash.
    |
    | Whats one of these? If this happens, is the hard disk useless?
    |
    | --
    | Global_Killa
    | "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"
    |
    | http://punkthenation.tk
    |

    | "Tom F" <> wrote in message
    | > It usually indicated that you'll soon have a head-crash.
    | > Hope you back up your data.
    | >
    | > "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message
    | > | Hey all,
    | > | Lately my main hard disk, with the OS on, has been making weired
    | sounds.
    | > | Only when I start my PC and log onto my account. It sounds like its
    | jumping,
    | > | normally I can't hear the hard disk.
    | > |
    | > | What could be the cause of this problem? Is the hard disk going to break
    | > | soon? Or could it be nothing worth worring about?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks for any advice.
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Global_Killa
    | > | "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"
    | > |
    | > | http://punkthenation.tk
    | > |
    | > |

    Tom F, May 1, 2004
  5. Global_Killa

    Thor Guest

    If you are hearing a repeated clicking sound, it could be that your drive is
    having some reading or writing difficulties. You may be developing bad
    sectors on the drive. You should do a thorough scandisk (if using Win9x) or
    use the disk error checking tools in WinXP specifiying that you want to scan
    for and attempt to recover bad sectors. You should back up all critical data
    as soon as possible. You never know if the next time you power up your PC
    that you may or may not have access to the drive.

    Thor, May 1, 2004
  6. Global_Killa

    colin Guest

    Thor <> wrote in message
    > If you are hearing a repeated clicking sound, it could be that your drive

    is
    > having some reading or writing difficulties. You may be developing bad
    > sectors on the drive. You should do a thorough scandisk (if using Win9x)

    or
    > use the disk error checking tools in WinXP specifiying that you want to

    scan
    > for and attempt to recover bad sectors. You should back up all critical

    data
    > as soon as possible. You never know if the next time you power up your PC
    > that you may or may not have access to the drive.

    Also check your hdd ribbon for faults; and pwr connector plug for dry solder
    joins at the hdd end.
    colin, May 1, 2004