Hard disk serial numberin asp?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Madhusudhanan, May 4, 2005.

  1. How can i get the hard disk serial number of the clients that are accessinig
    the site using asp or javascript
    Madhusudhanan, May 4, 2005

  2. Madhusudhanan

    Marc M Guest

    Here is the link where u can find the sample code
    http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_drive.asp

    Next time please try to google it first

    MM

    Marc M, May 4, 2005

  3. Hello Mac,
    I have already referred googl .It returns only the server's hard disk serial
    number.What i want is the clients hard disk serial number.

    Madhusudhanan, May 6, 2005
  4. Madhusudhanan

    Tore Guest

    This would probably not be the proper forum for such questions, but the
    client's HD serial number would not be available in the "sandbox", so it
    won't be available from JS. You could probably implement an ActiveX
    component that you have the user install (and thereby authorize) that you
    can use to obtain it. You'd probably wind up with an IE only
    implementation.

    HTH,
    Tore.

    Tore, May 6, 2005
  5. Hi tore,
    In which forum can i post these kind of questions?

    Madhusudhanan, May 8, 2005
  6. Madhusudhanan

    Tore Guest

    It depends on your environment, etc. In your newsreader, browse the list of
    microsoft.public newsgroups and look for one that mentions your development
    environment - and if using pre .net - look for ng's referencing the Windows
    API. Or at least that would be a good starting point.

    Tore, May 9, 2005