    readable from windows

    i am looking for a reliable data recovery software package
    scul

    scully, Jun 20, 2008

  2. On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 03:11:05 GMT, scully <> wrote:

    >i have several hard disks here i need to retrieve data from
    >they have been formatted, some with deleted files etc - they are
    >readable from windows
    >
    >i am looking for a reliable data recovery software package
    >scul

    I've used a freeware prog called Undelete Plus to do this very job
    with much success - and the Ultimate Book Disc contains a number of
    such tools, including one that can recover partitions that have been
    re-formatted. I would advise using something like Acronis or Paragon
    to copy the discs first if the data is irreplaceable.

    Regards,

    www.shwoodwind.co.uk

    Stephen Howard, Jun 20, 2008

  3. scully

    nemo_outis Guest

    scully <> wrote in

    > i have several hard disks here i need to retrieve data from
    > they have been formatted, some with deleted files etc - they are
    > readable from windows
    >
    > i am looking for a reliable data recovery software package
    > scul

    I have used a number of recovery tools in the past (I -literally! - have
    every mainstream recovery tool). The best IMHO is the relatively unknown
    "File Scavenger."
    http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm

    I also like the Disk Internals programs, particularly for RAID recovery.
    "Recover My files" is also pretty good.

    Remember not to write to the disks you are trying to recover (easier said
    than done if they are NTFS). The best approach (especially if the disk is
    not physically damaged) is to make a sector-by-sector image and work with
    that.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Jun 20, 2008
  4. scully

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:32:35 GMT, "nemo_outis" <> wrote:

    >scully <> wrote in
    >
    >> i have several hard disks here i need to retrieve data from
    >> they have been formatted, some with deleted files etc - they are
    >> readable from windows
    >>
    >> i am looking for a reliable data recovery software package
    >> scul

    I also have used "Recover My files" and I bought some
    software from Ontrack which worked well.

    A lot depends on what is wrong with the disks and
    whatever it takes a very long time.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jun 21, 2008
  5. scully

    questy Guest

    Onces I used stellar phoenix data recovery software which is quit good
    as far as disk recovery is concern some of the very good feature of
    this software is image capturing which is valuable when your hdd have
    lots of bad sectors. This software is also available in trial version
    and the price of this software is only $99. This may helps you.
    you can go here for download
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm
    Cheers..

    --