    boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.

    What could be the problem?

    , Aug 28, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >
    > What could be the problem?

    It could be dead.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 28, 2007

  3. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >
    > What could be the problem?

    Yes...the drive could be dead.

    Try jumpering it as master then put it on the 2nd IDE channel with no other
    devices
    and see what happens

    philo, Aug 29, 2007
  4. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >
    > What could be the problem?

    Very little info you supply, but it could have biten the dust,
    but in such instances something would display on screen to
    that effect (Get past POST? HDD not found? etc).
    Did you enter BIOS and see if there is a listing to the effect that
    Master on primary IDE is not found, Or words to similar effect?
    if installed on a second PC as slave, are you saying the second
    PC refused to boot? As slave it should have no effect -dead or alive.

    ded, Aug 29, 2007
  5. Jerry G. Guest

    You got 4 choices, and any one solution:

    1) Either the jumpers are not properly set.

    2) One of the connectors to the drive being defective can be ruled out,
    since you say you tried it in another computer.

    3) The drive is dead!

    4) If item 3 is true, then it is time to dispose of the drive and
    replace it.

    If solution 1 exists, the drive should work when the jumpers are
    corrected.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Aug 29, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Aug 29, 11:45 am, "Jerry G." <> wrote:
    > You got 4 choices, and any one solution:
    >
    > 1) Either the jumpers are not properly set.
    >
    > 2) One of the connectors to the drive being defective can be ruled out,
    > since you say you tried it in another computer.
    >
    > 3) The drive is dead!
    >
    > 4) If item 3 is true, then it is time to dispose of the drive and
    > replace it.
    >
    > If solution 1 exists, the drive should work when the jumpers are
    > corrected.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jerry G.
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >
    > What could be the problem?

    The system does not start at all when this hard disk is plugged.
    Booting up is a long way away from this!!!. As soon as you turn on the
    "power" the fan spins and stops. Thats all it does

    , Aug 29, 2007
  7. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >
    > What could be the problem?

    Can the bios see and/or detect the HDD?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 29, 2007
  8. wrote:
    > On Aug 29, 11:45 am, "Jerry G." <> wrote:
    >> You got 4 choices, and any one solution:
    >>
    >> 1) Either the jumpers are not properly set.
    >>
    >> 2) One of the connectors to the drive being defective can be ruled out,
    >> since you say you tried it in another computer.
    >>
    >> 3) The drive is dead!
    >>
    >> 4) If item 3 is true, then it is time to dispose of the drive and
    >> replace it.
    >>
    >> If solution 1 exists, the drive should work when the jumpers are
    >> corrected.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Jerry G.
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    >> as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    >> boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.
    >>
    >> What could be the problem?

    > The system does not start at all when this hard disk is plugged.
    > Booting up is a long way away from this!!!. As soon as you turn on the
    > "power" the fan spins and stops. Thats all it does

    Time to toss it, unless you want to spend big dollars on data recovery.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 29, 2007
  9. Guest

    On Aug 29, 5:19 pm, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > > as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > > boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.

    > > What could be the problem?

    > Can the bios see and/or detect the HDD?
    >
    > --http://www.bootdisk.com/

    cant even get to BIOS. as I said when this disk is plugged in the PC
    does not switch on. The fan just spins and stops and a rec light
    blinks on PC

    , Sep 4, 2007
  10. Guest

    On Aug 29, 6:19 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Aug 29, 11:45 am, "Jerry G." <> wrote:
    > >> You got 4 choices, and any one solution:

    > >> 1) Either the jumpers are not properly set.

    > >> 2) One of the connectors to the drive being defective can be ruled out,
    > >> since you say you tried it in another computer.

    > >> 3) The drive is dead!

    > >> 4) If item 3 is true, then it is time to dispose of the drive and
    > >> replace it.

    > >> If solution 1 exists, the drive should work when the jumpers are
    > >> corrected.

    > >> --

    > >> Jerry G.

    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> system does not boot with this particular hard disk. tried to put it
    > >> as slave in another machine but then again the maother machine did not
    > >> boot up. Red light in PC keeps blinking.

    > >> What could be the problem?

    > > The system does not start at all when this hard disk is plugged.
    > > Booting up is a long way away from this!!!. As soon as you turn on the
    > > "power" the fan spins and stops. Thats all it does

    > Time to toss it, unless you want to spend big dollars on data recovery.

    Yeah thats the most likely thinkg but I need to recover data for the
    user

    , Sep 4, 2007
  11. old man Guest

    Try it in a usb caddy, if thats no good a data recovery company is required,
    the user will have to shell out mega bucks, which might persuade them to
    backup in future

    old man, Sep 4, 2007