    If I do just put the old HD in the new comp is it likely the viruses will
    transfer too?

    Thanks in advance :)

    Paul Hill, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Paul Hill

    JD Guest

    Paul Hill wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone help me out here? I've just bought a new PC and I want to
    > transfer files off my old hard disk but it had loads of viruses etc. and
    > won't boot up so i can't make cds of my files. Is there a way to install the
    > old hard disk in the new PC safely so i can copy the files but not let
    > anything mess around with my new PC?
    >
    > If I do just put the old HD in the new comp is it likely the viruses will
    > transfer too?
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    Hi there

    yes you should be able to connect your old hard drive and transfer all
    your files safely provided that you do not run any of the applications
    on the other hard drive viruses/spy ware etc has to be executed so
    simply copying your documents should be safe .. but if you want to be
    safe run an anti-virus program and make sure its up to date.

    JD, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Paul Hill

    Paul Hill Guest

    Thanks a lot