    Peacock died, so I found out).

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Dave Doe

    thingy Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
    > Peacock died, so I found out).

    web site is still there....

    http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, y says...
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    > > Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
    > > Peacock died, so I found out).
    > >

    > web site is still there....
    >
    > http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

    No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
    http://www.ptech.co.nz

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Dave Doe

    Kiwi Guest

    On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:09:44 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>, y says...
    >> Dave Doe wrote:
    >> > Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
    >> > Peacock died, so I found out).
    >> >

    >> web site is still there....
    >>
    >> http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

    >No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
    >http://www.ptech.co.nz

    I don't know what they charge but if the data is vital, I would
    contact http://www.mccallumpetterson.com

    Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
    many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
    data.

    Kiwi

    Kiwi, Apr 28, 2006
  5. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:09:44 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    > >> web site is still there....
    > >>
    > >> http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

    > >No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
    > >http://www.ptech.co.nz

    > I don't know what they charge but if the data is vital, I would
    > contact http://www.mccallumpetterson.com
    >
    > Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
    > many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
    > data.

    Yes I know Daniel - ah the good ol BBS days ! :) Cheers for the info.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 28, 2006
  6. Dave Doe

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:33:57 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
    >Peacock died, so I found out).

    What sort of recovery is it...failed disk or lost data?

    The ones who promote the most are computer forensics

    http://www.datarecovery.co.nz/

    Is another crowd here in Auck whose name I've forgotten, can dig it
    out if you want. IMO both are way overpriced for what they do, and are
    prone to wild exaggerations about what they can recover........but
    that's pretty normal for data recovery crews.

    If it's a failed disk you might want to try the likes of ontrack,
    major recoveries go overseas anyway & you'll save a bit cutting out
    the middleman.

    Cheers

    GT

    Gavin Tunney, Apr 28, 2006
  7. Dave Doe

    KewlKiwi Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:

    >>Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
    >>many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
    >>data.

    > Yes I know Daniel - ah the good ol BBS days ! :) Cheers for the info.

    Me too! Daniel was on my board as well, Supersystem.
    Was he the one who had arachnophobia?

    I've wondered, from time to time, what happened to all the people who
    used to logon to Supersystem...

    Bob

    KewlKiwi, Apr 28, 2006