    Everything is updated, even the atapi driver. I look for the NOIDE in the registry, but couldn't fine it.

    I can't get in to bios setup. To see if everything is O.K. there.

    So tech group. What should I do, to solve this problem.

    Kevin Wiese, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Kevin Wiese

    bmoag Guest

    Safe mode uses different drivers then normal mode Win9x for these devices.
    Delete those devices under system manager when you boot to ME in normal mode.
    Then reboot.
    If the basic drivers for these devices were corrupted fresh versions will be reinstalled.
    This happens often with CD rom drivers in all versions of Windows but would be unusual for motherboard based devices in a notebook unless you have installed some new drivers. Even so this is unusual for a notebook.
    You may want to consider reinstalling Win ME (it can be reinstalled into the same directory to see if this fixes your problem without having to delete the contents of your hard drive).
    Otherwise you need to run diagnostic software to see if the devices are working properly.
    The hard drive could also be failing.
    If they are not you need to back up your data and get a new notebook.

    bmoag, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Kevin Wiese

    Brian Guest

    Those two files are also located in the Win9X directory on the WinMe CD. you can extract them to the system directory on your harddrive. Keep in mind that they are dynamic files and will be upgraded with hardware changes so if you change something, the ones on the CD are not exactly the same as what may be (corrupted) on your harddrive. You may have to install drivers for the new hardware again as well.....but that beats having to reformat and reload windows

    Brian, Sep 25, 2005