    I bought and installed a new hard disk a few weeks ago as the one i had was corrupt. Is there anything stopping me from installing the old corrupt hard drive as the slave and seeing if i can format it and just using it as added storage space? or would i just be wasting my time?

    I'll probably end up trying it anyway but some advice so i know what to expect would be helpful.

    Thanks!

    cellaman, Nov 25, 2006

  2. cellaman

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    You can attempt, by corrupt do u mean the boot sector is corrupt or the windows install?

    I would first make sure that the HDD Boot Pirority is that of ur Master before your slave.

    unholy, Nov 26, 2006

  3. cellaman

    Roshan

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Help

    Yes U Can use that HDD as a slave drive... & can store some data. But Make Sure u format it with NTFS, before Use

    Best regards,

    Roshan :boxing:

    Roshan, Nov 26, 2006
  4. cellaman

    cellaman

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    cheers guys!!! It's workin fine...

    cellaman, Dec 9, 2006
  5. cellaman

    hotdealfinder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Georgia
    As to the bad drive, you probably lack tools to remove the partion (Sector level tools) so at least see if Fdisk will remove the partion and reinstall the pation.

    Also, it would be a good idea to go th the drive mfg. site to look for free testing tools they may have. I have saved many a bad drive this way.

    hotdealfinder, Jan 29, 2007