  1. Lou

    Lou Guest

    ::: Happy Thanksgiving to All .:::

    Lou, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Lou

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Lou <> wrote:

    > ::: Happy Thanksgiving to All .:::

    What the heck is Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving for what? Never heard of it
    in the UK...

    Stewy, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Lou

    Deep Reset Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Lou <> wrote:
    >
    >> ::: Happy Thanksgiving to All .:::

    > What the heck is Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving for what? Never heard of it
    > in the UK...

    It's what Britain celebrates on the 4th of July

    (Grins, ducks, runs)

    Deep Reset, Nov 25, 2005
  4. Lou

    Stewy Guest

    In article <dm7l3o$il0$-infra.bt.com>,
    "Deep Reset" <> wrote:

    > "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > Lou <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> ::: Happy Thanksgiving to All .:::

    > > What the heck is Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving for what? Never heard of it
    > > in the UK...

    > It's what Britain celebrates on the 4th of July
    >
    > (Grins, ducks, runs)

    You mean its one of those yank holidays?

    Oh, I see. It's giving thanks that the native american indians fed and
    helped the new settlers, meanwhile those very same settlers were
    planning genocide to grab their land.

    A pretty gruesome thing to celebrate, all-in-all

    Stewy, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Stewy wrote:

    > You mean its one of those yank holidays?
    >
    > Oh, I see. It's giving thanks that the native american indians fed and
    > helped the new settlers, meanwhile those very same settlers were
    > planning genocide to grab their land.
    >
    > A pretty gruesome thing to celebrate, all-in-all

    That'd be: Yank Hols.

    History is in the mind of the interpreter, and you show no grasp of
    early American history at all. Most early settlers thought they were
    camping for the Brits, and had no idea how prone the native population
    was to European diseases nor to alcoholism.

    But thanks for your cheery take.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 2, 2005