    Just got my 717 back from Sony's repair under the free CCD replacement.
    Took a few shots from my deck and camera is working fine again.
    Good to know they stand behind their products. Cheers!
    Rossi, May 16, 2006

  2. Rossi

    Sts4Heffer Guest

    "Rossi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just got my 717 back from Sony's repair under the free CCD replacement.
    > Took a few shots from my deck and camera is working fine again.
    > Good to know they stand behind their products. Cheers!

    make sure you stand behind yours otherwise all your pics will be of
    you.............
    Sts4Heffer, May 16, 2006

  3. Sts4Heffer wrote:
    > "Rossi" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Just got my 717 back from Sony's repair under the free CCD replacement.
    >> Took a few shots from my deck and camera is working fine again.
    >>Good to know they stand behind their products. Cheers!
    >>

    > make sure you stand behind yours otherwise all your pics will be of
    > you.............

    Will you be here all week, and should I try the veal?

    I miss my 717. Like it over the 828 for unusual IR false color effects
    and 1/60 second exposure instead of 1/30 with unmodded IR. Call me
    crazy, but I think it has less noise too. But the 828 takes CF as well
    as the horrible Memory Schticks, so I got that going for me.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    "Shop as usual. And avoid panic buying." -Negativland
    Unclaimed Mysteries, May 16, 2006
  4. Rossi

    Rich Guest

    Gee, now doesn't this sound like a nice Sony plant? Notice how shills
    always sign off with "have fun" or "cheers?" They must teach it in
    internet
    shill school. As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    shouldn't have
    tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    elsewhere.
    Rich, May 16, 2006
  5. Rossi

    imbsysop Guest

    On 16 May 2006 10:45:43 -0700, "Rich" <> wrote:

    snip
    As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    >shouldn't have
    >tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    >elsewhere.

    before making stupid, idiotic statements you'd better inform yourself
    about the context, it would certainly avoid you'd be considered
    completely clueless in public .. ergo being an @$$ :)
    imbsysop, May 17, 2006
  6. Rossi

    Rich Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:09:04 +0200, imbsysop <>
    wrote:

    >On 16 May 2006 10:45:43 -0700, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >
    >snip
    > As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    >>shouldn't have
    >>tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    >>elsewhere.

    >before making stupid, idiotic statements you'd better inform yourself
    >about the context, it would certainly avoid you'd be considered
    >completely clueless in public .. ergo being an @$$ :)

    They fabricated CCDs on frigging plastic and they started to fail
    constantly. That got them into trouble with China because they
    apparently dumped alot of the crap on that market. Meanwhile,
    people who don't even own Sony have to worry because they disseminated
    this junk to other camera brands who unknowingly bought the products.
    Sony is scum. They are the Japense equivalent of Intel when it comes
    to being disreputable. Spyware infused CDs, flawed expensive XBR
    TVs.
    Rich, May 18, 2006
  7. Rossi

    SMS Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > Gee, now doesn't this sound like a nice Sony plant? Notice how shills
    > always sign off with "have fun" or "cheers?" They must teach it in
    > internet
    > shill school. As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    > shouldn't have
    > tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    > elsewhere.

    What they did in China was inexcusable. They eventually did issue
    refunds, but this sort of thing should never have happened.
    SMS, May 18, 2006
  8. Rossi

    imbsysop Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 05:43:46 -0700, SMS <>
    wrote:

    >Rich wrote:
    >> Gee, now doesn't this sound like a nice Sony plant? Notice how shills
    >> always sign off with "have fun" or "cheers?" They must teach it in
    >> internet
    >> shill school. As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    >> shouldn't have
    >> tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    >> elsewhere.

    >What they did in China was inexcusable. They eventually did issue
    >refunds, but this sort of thing should never have happened.

    I just hate this kind of simplistic approaches .. who did what where
    in China and by what criterion .. when you've found those answers by
    reading the original articles you may come to the same conclusions as
    many other informed people did before you ergo it may have been more a
    political than a technical issue ..
    imbsysop, May 18, 2006
  9. Rossi

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:27:41 +0200, imbsysop <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 May 2006 05:43:46 -0700, SMS <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Rich wrote:
    >>> Gee, now doesn't this sound like a nice Sony plant? Notice how shills
    >>> always sign off with "have fun" or "cheers?" They must teach it in
    >>> internet
    >>> shill school. As for Sony standing behind their products, they
    >>> shouldn't have
    >>> tried to push faulty crap onto the market like they did in China and
    >>> elsewhere.

    >>What they did in China was inexcusable. They eventually did issue
    >>refunds, but this sort of thing should never have happened.

    >I just hate this kind of simplistic approaches .. who did what where
    >in China and by what criterion .. when you've found those answers by
    >reading the original articles you may come to the same conclusions as
    >many other informed people did before you ergo it may have been more a
    >political than a technical issue ..

    Maybe, but Sony handed them the excuse they needed.
    Rich, May 19, 2006
  10. Rossi

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:27:41 +0200, imbsysop <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Thu, 18 May 2006 05:43:46 -0700, SMS <>
    > >wrote:

    > >>What they did in China was inexcusable. They eventually did issue
    > >>refunds, but this sort of thing should never have happened.

    > >I just hate this kind of simplistic approaches .. who did what where
    > >in China and by what criterion .. when you've found those answers by
    > >reading the original articles you may come to the same conclusions as
    > >many other informed people did before you ergo it may have been more a
    > >political than a technical issue ..

    > Maybe, but Sony handed them the excuse they needed.

    Sony seems to continually shoot themselves in the foot - even without
    that CD copyguard software debacle. Somehow they managed to alienate
    most of the world against the handy little minidisc. With mis-marketing
    like that what can you expect in future?
    Stewy, May 23, 2006
  11. Rossi

    imbsysop Guest

    >In article <>,
    > Rich <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:27:41 +0200, imbsysop <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >I just hate this kind of simplistic approaches .. who did what where
    >> >in China and by what criterion .. when you've found those answers by
    >> >reading the original articles you may come to the same conclusions as
    >> >many other informed people did before you ergo it may have been more a
    >> >political than a technical issue ..

    >> Maybe, but Sony handed them the excuse they needed.

    wrong again .. go inform yourself ..
    imbsysop, May 23, 2006