    What's next? Do I have to register somewhere, or do I get mailed
    automatically?
    In case it makes a difference, I passed the test in Germany.

    Ralf Hermanns, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Ralf Hermanns

    Val Guest

    Congratulations!

    I'm also preparing for this exam and I'll appreciate if
    you can answer a few questions.

    1. How many questions and minutes did you have?
    2. Were there other question types among multiple/single
    choices?
    3. What resources did you use for preparing?

    thanks,
    Val

    great articles,

    Val, Dec 3, 2003

  3. I got 57 Questions with 3 hours time. (Did I break the NDA saying that?)
    I took the test in English language in while being in Germany - I am unsure
    if this got me bonus minutes, because I thought it would be 2h 30 minutes
    time.

    For preparation I used:
    * SelfTest Questions for 70-306

    * Matthew A. Stoecker: Developing Windows-Based Applications with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C sharp .NET, w. CD-ROM a. D
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735615330/qid=1070463140
    (never Version available!)

    * Mike Gunderloy: MCAD Developing and Implementing Windows-Based
    Applications with Visual Basic .Net and Visual Studio .NET, w. CD-ROM
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789728192/qid=1070462912
    (my Tip!)

    * 18 Months "Professional usage" or "Business" with Visual Studio

    After taking the test, I guess the Book by Mr. Gunderloy would have been
    enough. Combined with some hands-on experience of course.

    Good Luck to you,

    Ralf

    Ralf Hermanns, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Ralf Hermanns

    Guest Guest

    Yes you did !!

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Ralf Hermanns

    Yahoo496 Guest

    And they -M$- will sue you for this.

    They will sue you for even saying that you took the exam :)

    BTW: Did you really read that 3 page agreement?

    Yahoo496, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Ralf Hermanns

    Val Guest

    Thanks, Ralf!

    I also bought the M.Gunderloy's 70-306 book. I discovered
    something interesting about his books for MCAD.
    All 3 books (306,305,310) are VB versions of Amit Kalani's
    books. The code listings and step-by-steps have been
    translated from C# into VB and some C# specific paragraphs
    have been adapted to VB.
    You can see this on Amazon by comparing the sample chapter
    and the index of a M.Gunderloy's book with the
    corresponding book by Amit Kalani.

    But this is not a bad thing. Amit Kalani's books are known
    as being the best for 70-315 and 70-316. So those who
    prefer VB have access to VB version of these books.

    Val, Dec 4, 2003