Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by robertsoft75@gmail.com, Dec 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Dec 30, 2006

  2. Cynicor Guest

    wrote:
    > happy new year to you!

    I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
    initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

    Cynicor, Dec 30, 2006

  3. Joan Guest

    New Year?

    --
    Joan

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    : wrote:
    : > happy new year to you!
    :

    Joan, Dec 30, 2006
  4. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:26:43 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> happy new year to you!

    > I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
    > initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

    To be really insulted you would have to celebrate new year in March when
    the Romans began their year.

    --
    Neil
    Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

    Neil Ellwood, Dec 30, 2006
  5. Cynicor Guest

    Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:26:43 -0500, Cynicor wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> happy new year to you!

    >> I, for one, am deeply insulted that people are celebrating a holiday
    >> initiated by a Roman polytheist who named himself a god.

    > To be really insulted you would have to celebrate new year in March when
    > the Romans began their year.

    Look, it's bad enough that I go to Times Square and wait for them to
    drop the ball at sundown every Rosh Hashanah. I don't have to be
    reminded of OTHER people's New Year's as well!

    Cynicor, Dec 31, 2006