Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mick Brown, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. Mick Brown

    Mick Brown Guest

    Mick Brown, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Mick Brown

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Jan 1, 2005

  3. "Mick Brown" <> wrote in
    news:9bqBd.98379$:

    > Happy New Year everyone, I hope you have a prosperous and happy 2005.
    > Here are a few of my dodgy shots from last nights fireworks in
    > Melbourne.

    Nice pictures! Splendid fireworks.
    Happy new year to you too.

    /Roland

    PS. The new year eve was somewhat damped here in Sweden.
    More than 1000 and probabaly nearer to 3000 Swedes
    died in Thailand this Christmas. Mostly kids or parts
    of or whole families. And for the people living in the
    affected parts it is now estimated to be 150,000 dead.
    My guess is that it will increase.

    So - the new year is not really happy yet here.

    Roland Karlsson, Jan 1, 2005
  4. Mick Brown

    Mick Brown Guest

    errr no!

    Mick Brown, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Mick Brown

    n.t. Guest

    you gotta love the D70's long exposure noise reduction, velvety blacks,
    detailed highlights. mmmmmmm

    n.t.

    n.t., Jan 2, 2005
  6. Mick Brown

    Toni Guest

    >Here
    >are a few of my dodgy shots from last nights fireworks in Melbourne

    Very good shots. 3rd one down is my favorite.

    2-Ton Toni

    Toni, Jan 3, 2005
  7. Mick Brown

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Mick Brown wrote:
    > Happy New Year everyone, I hope you have a prosperous and happy 2005. Here
    > are a few of my dodgy shots from last nights fireworks in Melbourne.

    Nice photos Mick. If you call them dodgy, I better start calling most of my
    photos "utter crap", and reserve "dodgy" for the few best ones. :)

    The trails look quite "pixely". Oversharpened perhaps?

    My Digital World:
    Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
    Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Jan 3, 2005
  8. Mick Brown

    Mick Brown Guest

    I think that was from the jpg compression into photo.net, I might try
    reloading them at a different size, the were fine b4 I uploaded them.

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > Mick Brown wrote:
    > > Happy New Year everyone, I hope you have a prosperous and happy 2005.

    Here
    > > are a few of my dodgy shots from last nights fireworks in Melbourne.
    > >
    > > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2998808
    > >
    > > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2998811
    > >
    > > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2998813
    > >
    > > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2998818
    > >

    > Nice photos Mick. If you call them dodgy, I better start calling most of

    my
    > photos "utter crap", and reserve "dodgy" for the few best ones. :)
    >
    > The trails look quite "pixely". Oversharpened perhaps?

    > Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - Melbourne, Australia
    >
    > My Digital World:
    > Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    > Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
    > Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    > Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.
    >
    > Disclaimer:
    > Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
    > relate to the official business of my employer shall be understood as

    neither

    Mick Brown, Jan 4, 2005