    More information can be found at http://habaneronetworks.com

    --
    Jay
    Jay Calvert, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Jay Calvert

    Martin Guest

    Jay Calvert wrote:
    > Sophos, a leading antivirus firm is reporting of a new mass mailing
    > virus that is currently making the rounds. The virus, tagged
    > W32/Wurmark-D is cirulated via email and contains the virus attached as
    > a file.
    >
    > The difference with this virus is that once the attachment is executed,
    > an image is displayed spelling out the words 'HAPPY NEW YEAR' in naked
    > bodies. But, while the user is viewing the image, their antivirus
    > software is trying to be disabled and the virus is scanning the system
    > for further email addresses to send itself to.
    >

    > More information can be found at http://habaneronetworks.com
    >
    > --
    > Jay

    well excuse me. I'm not going to look at that link. If you are quoting
    Sophos (to be said my favourite AV s/w) as having the infomation I would
    expect to see a web address such as

    www.sophos.com/somelink/someotherlink

    then again I might use a unix box to look at the link :)

    Maybe you meant this one?

    http://sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/wurmarkd.html

    I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group and
    do something like you did with a link to an unknown site posted by an
    unknown source.

    Oh, it's not new either :) but then the main posting seemed to originate
    from microsoft.public.security (my anticipation is running wild with
    mircosoft and security in the same address) .virus

    hohum
    Martin, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Jay Calvert

    donnie Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:35:09 +0000 (UTC), Martin
    <> wrote:

    >I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group

    I like that, an alleged security group. It could be that we are
    really a bunch of crackers. Actually, if you need a some hacked FTP
    accounts, let me know.
    donnie.
    donnie, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Jay Calvert

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:52:50 GMT, donnie <> wrote:

    >>I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group

    >I like that, an alleged security group. It could be that we are
    >really a bunch of crackers.

    Is that an implied suggestion of insanity ?

    The virus sounds more fun than happy 99
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 12, 2005
  5. "Jim Watt" <_way> wrote in message

    > The virus sounds more fun than happy 99
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    I knew it sounded familiar, and wasn't a new idea. You just reminded me of
    where. Good old happy. Before my days as a hacker (yes hacker, not cracker),
    I was still a internet noob at the time.

    Thanks Jim,
    Adrian
    Adrian Pavone, Jan 13, 2005