    One of the last titles on my "favorite movies not out on DVD" comes out today! Yay!

    Here's hoping I can buy it without having to shell out for the whole Scorsese set...

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Jordan Lund wrote:
    > Here's hoping I can buy it without having to shell out for the whole
    > Scorsese set...

    You can:

    <http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdcalc2?cmd=calc&tmpCart=35293>

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
    --XTC

    Douglas Bailey, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Jordan Lund

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
    Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
    became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie. :)

    The Truth About Frances Farmer:
    http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/sheddinglight.html

    JMKAUFFMAN, Aug 17, 2004
  4. JMKAUFFMAN wrote:

    > I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
    > Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
    > became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie. :)

    Forget Kubrick, this film DEFINES "Nightmare comedy". :)

    Derek Janssen (Hollywood's best kept secret: Martin Scorsese has one
    damn *funny* sense of humor)

    Derek Janssen, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote in message news:<4122610f$0$21028$>...
    > JMKAUFFMAN wrote:
    >
    > > I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
    > > Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
    > > became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie. :)

    > Forget Kubrick, this film DEFINES "Nightmare comedy". :)
    >
    > Derek Janssen (Hollywood's best kept secret: Martin Scorsese has one
    > damn *funny* sense of humor)

    I sat down with it last night... not only is it still hilarious... The
    way it was made was incredibly sad... Scorsese was trying to make Last
    Temptation and at that point the whole project had blown up in his
    face. It looked like not only was LT going to be canned, it looked
    like Scorsese might have been done with films all together.

    His lawyer (who was also the lawyer for the producers) gave him the
    script, he initially passed on it, they approached Tim Burton (!) and
    were about to start production when Scorsese said he'd do it. They
    told Burton that Scorsese was offered it first and now wanted to do it
    and Burton stepped aside.

    He says in the commentary that After Hours made it feel like he could
    do movies again. I think he says he ended up doing two more flicks
    before resurrecting Last Temptation and getting it done.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 18, 2004