    how do we know which are safe and which are not. SP2 warns us that active x
    is potentially dangerous so how do we decide what is safe to download and
    what isn't?
    Headtheball, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Headtheball

    Tony Marston Guest

    Every activex control is potentially dangerous. No site *needs* activex,
    they just use it to be sexy.

    As a rule of thumb you should only accept *signed* activex controls, and
    only from trusted sites, so once you put them into your trusted zone you
    shouldn't be continually bombarded with warnings.

    --
    Tony Marston

    http://www.tonymarston.net

    Tony Marston, Sep 12, 2004