    And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional pacman
    game.

    ..
    JohnO, May 21, 2010

  2. JohnO

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-05-21, JohnO <> wrote:
    > Aah, memories.
    >
    > And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional pacman
    > game.

    Believe it or not, someone I know, was interested in this new "thing". Ms
    Cheese face missed a few people eh?

    So I must find out when Space Invaders was released, for it stated the
    current $ giving for games.

    While I am there, Defender also must appear via its birth. To me it was a
    breakthrough as you often needed to go back to blast the enemy to bits.
    Gordon, May 22, 2010

  3. JohnO

    Mike Dee Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > On 22/05/2010 5:24 p.m., Gordon wrote:
    >> On 2010-05-21, JohnO<> wrote:
    >>> Aah, memories.
    >>>
    >>> And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional
    >>> pacman game.
    >>>

    >> Believe it or not, someone I know, was interested in this new
    >> "thing". Ms Cheese face missed a few people eh?
    >>
    >> So I must find out when Space Invaders was released, for it
    >> stated the current $ giving for games.

    > It's definitely older than Pacman - I remember playing it in 1979.

    I remember playing "Pong" before this, 1974? A tobacconist in CHCH
    Square had what looked like a 21" mono tv set in his foyer, except you
    had to insert a 20c coin into the side of it and then you got to play
    against the computer a kind of tennis/paddle game. A prelude to the
    "spacies" arcades of the early '80's I guess. Gad I feel ancient.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, May 22, 2010