    I have Windows XP. Computer hangs up when I go to the item I want to search,
    then I have to end program. I have ran virus scan and deleted some programs
    I thought might be causing problems but no luck. Thanks

    Marilyn, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Marilyn

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:45 -0500, "Marilyn" <>
    wrote:

    >I have Windows XP.

    Ok...

    >Computer hangs up when I go to the item I want to search,

    Huh?

    >then I have to end program. I have ran virus scan and deleted some programs
    >I thought might be causing problems but no luck. Thanks

    What exactly are you doing?

    Evan Platt, Feb 4, 2008

  3. Marilyn

    philo Guest

    "Marilyn" <> wrote in message
    > I have Windows XP. Computer hangs up when I go to the item I want to

    search,
    > then I have to end program. I have ran virus scan and deleted some

    programs
    > I thought might be causing problems but no luck. Thanks

    Not a good idea...you should always *uninstall* unwanted applications...
    deleting them can make things even worse.

    philo, Feb 4, 2008
  4. Marilyn

    zynteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:45 -0500, "Marilyn" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have Windows XP.

    > Ok...
    >
    >> Computer hangs up when I go to the item I want to search,

    > Huh?

    <snip>

    Oh come now you know she meant "hangs"... as in pause, freeze, etc...

    zynteq7, Feb 4, 2008
  5. Marilyn

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Marilyn" wrote in message
    > I have Windows XP.

    And would that be the Home or Professional version?
    And at what service pack level?

    > Computer hangs up

    Which you contradict later.

    > when I go to the item

    Sigh. And just what is the "item"?

    > I want to search,

    If you have the "item" so you can "go to it", why do you need to
    search on something that you already found?

    > then I have to end program

    Herein lies your contradiction. If the OS actually hung, you wouldn't
    be able to bring up Task Manager or a DOS shell to run 'taskkill' to
    kill the process(es) for the UNNAMED application.

    > I have ran virus scan

    Not a virus infection. You have a screwed up program or it conflicts
    with its configuration or other software but, so far, you have decided
    to hide the details, like what *is* the "program".

    > and deleted some programs

    Some programs. Oh yeah, let's not bother with details.

    > I thought might be causing problems but no luck. Thanks

    Go read and try posting again with real details:
    http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    VanguardLH, Feb 5, 2008
  6. Marilyn

    Guest

    , Feb 5, 2008
  7. Marilyn

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:52:11 -0500, zynteq7 <> wrote:

    >Oh come now you know she meant "hangs"... as in pause, freeze, etc...

    I understood that part, the "when I go to the item I want to search"
    part makes no sense.

    Evan Platt, Feb 5, 2008
  8. zynteq7 wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:45 -0500, "Marilyn" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Windows XP.

    >> Ok...
    >>
    >>> Computer hangs up when I go to the item I want to search,

    >> Huh?

    > <snip>
    >
    > Oh come now you know she meant "hangs"... as in pause, freeze, etc...

    Right. Now what program is she talking about, and what is she looking
    for? *That's* what the "huh" (and the one I asked mentally when I read
    OP's vague post) is about, Sparky.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 5, 2008
  9. Marilyn

    zynteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:52:11 -0500, zynteq7 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Oh come now you know she meant "hangs"... as in pause, freeze, etc...

    > I understood that part, the "when I go to the item I want to search"
    > part makes no sense.

    true,

    I'm guessing she did a search with the XP Search (as opposed to some
    google desktop search thing) and it was hanging, and she hit ctl/alt/del
    to stop the search, etcetc... but as vague as she got, Lord only knows...

    or "The Watcher" from the comics

    zynteq7, Feb 5, 2008