    --
    Jennifer Lopez Lingerie *plus* Gourmet Goodies
    www.cafepress.com/dwacon
    dwåcôñ, Aug 31, 2005

  2. dwåcôñ

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:51:05 -0400, "dwåcôñ" <>
    wrote:

    >Weird...
    >
    >A lot of calls on my caller ID but no messages.
    >
    >Coming from Minnesota and Seattle WA.
    >
    >Telemarketers?
    >
    >Wonder what I can do about it?

    Google the telephone #?

    Call the telephone #?

    Register on the DNC database?
    Evan Platt, Aug 31, 2005

  3. dwåcôñ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:53:36 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:51:05 -0400, "dwåcôñ" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Weird...
    >>
    >> A lot of calls on my caller ID but no messages.
    >>
    >> Coming from Minnesota and Seattle WA.
    >>
    >> Telemarketers?
    >>
    >> Wonder what I can do about it?

    > Google the telephone #?
    >
    > Call the telephone #?
    >
    > Register on the DNC database?

    Call them back - collect?

    --
    You will be asphyxiated. Resistance is floor tile.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 31, 2005
  4. dwåcôñ

    Trax Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    |>On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:53:36 -0700, Evan Platt
    |><> wrote:

    |>> Google the telephone #?
    |>>
    |>> Call the telephone #?
    |>>
    |>> Register on the DNC database?

    |>Call them back - collect?

    There's always a way...
    http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm

    I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a place
    like this. :)
    --

    Third world bomb squad
    http://67.50.205.164/images/firearms/3rdWorldBombSquad.wmv
    Trax, Aug 31, 2005
  5. dwåcôñ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    >>> Call them back - collect?

    > There's always a way...
    > http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm
    >
    > I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a place
    > like this. :)

    For sure! I was surprised they are starting to list cell phones in directory
    services. Now, you can get unsolicited phone calls anywhere <g>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 31, 2005
  6. dwåcôñ

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:15:37 -0700, Trax <>
    wrote:

    >There's always a way...
    >http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm
    >
    >I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a place
    >like this. :)

    Only work if they're on a cell phone. :)
    Evan Platt, Aug 31, 2005
  7. Trax wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    >|>Call them back - collect?
    >
    > There's always a way...
    > http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm

    They're probably not cell calls if they're telemarketers.

    > I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a place
    > like this. :)

    No kidding:

    http://www.smseverywhere.com/bulk.htm

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 31, 2005
  8. dwåcôñ

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:51:05 -0400, "dwåcôñ" <> wrote:

    >Weird...
    >
    >A lot of calls on my caller ID but no messages.
    >
    >Coming from Minnesota and Seattle WA.
    >
    >Telemarketers?
    >
    >Wonder what I can do about it?

    Call this number from your home or cell phone; 1-888-382-1222, or click the below link to
    register on-line. It is the national DO NOT CALL list.
    https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx
    Unk, Aug 31, 2005
  9. dwåcôñ

    Top Guest

    > Trax wrote:

    >> There's always a way...
    >> http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm
    >>
    >> I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a
    >> place
    >> like this. :)

    > For sure! I was surprised they are starting to list cell phones in
    > directory services. Now, you can get unsolicited phone calls anywhere
    > <g>

    In over 10 years I've had 2 solicitations on my cell phone. Both times
    as soon as I asked them "what the hell are you doing on my cell phone?"
    they hung up. All I heard was the click. On my home phone I get no
    telemarketers now, I guess the DNC register does work.

    Top
    Top, Aug 31, 2005
  10. dwåcôñ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Top wrote:
    >> Trax wrote:

    >>> There's always a way...
    >>> http://www.smseverywhere.com/send.htm
    >>>
    >>> I've never used it as I don't want my friends numbers to go to a
    >>> place
    >>> like this. :)

    >> For sure! I was surprised they are starting to list cell phones in
    >> directory services. Now, you can get unsolicited phone calls anywhere
    >> <g>

    > In over 10 years I've had 2 solicitations on my cell phone. Both times
    > as soon as I asked them "what the hell are you doing on my cell
    > phone?" they hung up. All I heard was the click. On my home phone I
    > get no telemarketers now, I guess the DNC register does work.
    >
    > Top

    I have two (or maybe two systems from the same crappy place) that leave
    messages almost daily and at random times. Since it's an automated message
    ("Please call Shithead at 1-we-screw-you") and I won't return the call, the
    DNC can't block it. I tried - the number to call back to changes, then
    they're calling again.

    But overall, the DNC has been great. I'm sure more tele-idiots will find
    schemes like the above to get past the rules just long enough to screw
    someone, but it is getting harder <g>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 31, 2005
  11. dwåcôñ

    dwåcôñ Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    > Google the telephone #?

    Tried that. It brought up the link to a service that, for $14.95, will tell
    me who keeps calling and hanging up.

    > Call the telephone #?

    Maybe from a pay phone...

    > Register on the DNC database?

    I am.

    dwåcôñ, Aug 31, 2005
  12. dwåcôñ

    dwåcôñ Guest

    "Top" <> wrote in message

    > In over 10 years I've had 2 solicitations on my cell phone. Both times as
    > soon as I asked them "what the hell are you doing on my cell phone?" they
    > hung up. All I heard was the click. On my home phone I get no
    > telemarketers now, I guess the DNC register does work.

    The number of calls slowed down, but there are a few that call and leave a
    recorded message -- and others that call and hang up when voicemail answers
    (or else, I hear background noise for a few seconds).

    Wonder if call trace woudl work-- although it is not life threatinng.

    ust annoying

    --
    These ain't Mentos... but they'll freshen your breath!
    http://tinyurl.com/cr5ka
    dwåcôñ, Aug 31, 2005
  13. dwåcôñ

    dwåcôñ Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:51:05 -0400, "dwåcôñ" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Weird...
    >>
    >>A lot of calls on my caller ID but no messages.
    >>
    >>Coming from Minnesota and Seattle WA.
    >>
    >>Telemarketers?
    >>
    >>Wonder what I can do about it?

    > Call this number from your home or cell phone; 1-888-382-1222, or click
    > the below link to
    > register on-line. It is the national DO NOT CALL list.
    > https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx

    Yes... did that many moons ago. They still call. I told one, "Hey, I'm on
    the do not call list." He said okay and proceeded to do his sales pitch
    before I hung up.

    --
    Muff-So-Soft Shaving Cream
    For the smoothest female genitals...