HandyTone 486 VOIP Adaptor £60.50

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by GwG, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. GwG

    GwG Guest

    GwG, Apr 16, 2005

  2. GwG

    Stickems. Guest

    Am I right in thinking that you plug any phone into this device and then
    plug this device into a) your telephone wall socket and B) ???
    I am on NTL broadband, is the ??? the modem or a USB socket or what? Does
    any software come with the device? Can it be used with 1899?

    Stickems., Apr 17, 2005

  3. GwG

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Stickems. wrote:
    > Am I right in thinking that you plug any phone into this device and
    > then plug this device into a) your telephone wall socket and B) ???
    > I am on NTL broadband, is the ??? the modem or a USB socket or
    > what? Does any software come with the device? Can it be used with
    > 1899?

    It connects an analogue phone to an ethernet connection. This can be on an
    existing router or the unit can act as a router if you do not already have
    one (note not all ATA devices do this but the 486 does). No software
    needed, you enter the required parameters (SIP ID, password etc.) into a
    web page.

    www.sipgate.co.uk has an extensive help file on the ATA-486.

    Can't help re. 1899 I'm afraid.

    Ivor