    do some research before I dole out the loot.

    Cheers all,

    NJO

    Nick Oz, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Nick Oz

    T-Bone Guest

    "Nick Oz" <> wrote
    > I'm thinking about attending an MCSE certification course with "Hands
    > on Technology Transfer" (HOTT) http://www.traininghott.ca
    >
    > Has anyone had experience with this company? I'm just making sure I
    > do some research before I dole out the loot.

    Wow, $2875 sounds like a lot for one training course. I have definitely seen
    lower prices. Depending on what type of learning you prefer, another thing
    to consider is spending that money to buy yourself some computer hardware
    and books. Set up a lab and learn it yourself.

    T-Bone, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Nick Oz

    Mael Stark Guest

    "Nick Oz" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm thinking about attending an MCSE certification course with "Hands
    > on Technology Transfer" (HOTT) http://www.traininghott.ca
    >
    > Has anyone had experience with this company? I'm just making sure I
    > do some research before I dole out the loot.
    >
    > Cheers all,
    >
    > NJO

    Hi,

    What in the pantyhose are you talking about ??

    Mael Stark, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Nick Oz

    Guest

    Not sure if you noticed, but the $2875 is CAN currency. In fact, the
    price is pretty reasonable to what you'd expect for a 5-day ILT
    program.

    Books may work fine. But some people (myself included!) need to attend
    a class, learn from classmates, have someone answer their questions....

    Good luck.

    , Feb 8, 2005
  5. Nick Oz

    T-Bone Guest

    <> wrote
    > Not sure if you noticed, but the $2875 is CAN currency. In fact, the
    > price is pretty reasonable to what you'd expect for a 5-day ILT
    > program.

    I noticed. I still think its a lot. A five day course around here is about
    $2000 cdn.

    > Books may work fine. But some people (myself included!) need to attend
    > a class, learn from classmates, have someone answer their questions....

    Agreed. I just mention the home lab because some people never think of it
    from that perspective.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Nick Oz

    ITinNY

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1

    Did you ever actually take the class with HOTT? I'm considering it but also can't find any reviews. If so, what did you think?

    Thanks!

    ITinNY, Nov 28, 2012
  7. Nick Oz

    benmiu

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    - Students work in pairs on the computer and at no point are you allowed to use your own computer for a lab. Somehow managed to get my own computer since I was the odd man out but was told to ‘switch with someone else in an hour so I am forced to share a computer’. Against company policy to have your own computer even though website mentions ‘students work in teams with active participation’ which to most people just means occasionally you work on a lab as a team. They state their policy is to try to encourage the instructor to make sure each student gets to use the keyboard at some point during the labs.

    - The class size was 11. Company policy states that 11 is a small class size. There are not enough computers in the room individually for 11 people. Some students brought laptops but were asked to stop using them.

    - No internet in the class. If you want to do research on what you are working on, you won’t be able to do this.

    - No powerpoint slides, no overhead projector, just an old fashioned whiteboard. Company policy states it adds no value to learning.

    - This forces the instructor to read the textbook line by line. The instructor I had for the SQL course wasn’t even explaining the content other than reading the lines.

    - Computers are at least 4-5 years old (Pentium II) despite being told that they are faster computers built in an older case. For $1500, you would think the monitors would be larger than 19 inch.

    - Not enough installation media so you have to share once each pair is done installing the software. This wastes valuable time that can be spent learning the topic

    - When I decided to leave and self-study at the hotel, HOTT decided to go through the trouble of finding my employer online and notifying them without contacting me first to find out what the problem with the course is

    - When I approach HOTT for a refund, was told that everything mentioned above is part of company policy in an email and that no refund would be provided.

    benmiu, Feb 19, 2013
  8. Nick Oz

    Shannon R

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    I just had the same experience in December 2015 taking the class remotely. On the second day I looked at the sight to review the 'guarantee' information only to discover that I was already past the window to return everything. I suffered through the rest of the week because I was already out over $1400 but I was also hoping that the experience might get better because I had recently completed a Sharepoint class that I found to be excellent. The teacher did not read the book but actually taught the class. He did not leave early every day, he did not start classes after the labs without notifying the individuals working remotely. He did not take an hour and 15 minute lunch break every day.

    When I submitted my feedback form I had to ask for a response to the issues described. Their response was insulting. They basically said I was lying about all the facts listed. I've never had such a horrible experience and this is my first time writing a review about a company.

    It is sad that one company rep could do such harm the their reputation. I asked last week that she elevate my complaint but have heard nothing.

    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    Shannon R, Jan 26, 2016