    SetWindowLongPtr really just for IA developers? Please clarify.

    Thanks,

    R.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q09NIERldmVsb3Blcg==?=, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Great place to post this question:
    microsoft.public.vsnet.general

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 7, 2005

  3. SetWindowLongPtr is of course irrelevant (and still needed). Still need the
    rest of the question answered.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q09NIERldmVsb3Blcg==?=, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Will do, Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q09NIERldmVsb3Blcg==?=, Sep 7, 2005
  5. I think that perhaps your experiment asks the wrong questions. As I
    understand it, the API requires you to provide room for 64bit wide
    arguments, and stuff - that is no guarantee that anything has to actually
    scale to that size, if you go asking for credentials, it could be anything,
    and it could be a long time before you see a 64bit number from a Handle.

    The number of Handles has to be limited in reality, but you are in an 64bit
    environment and handles are used in all sorts of situations, so to ! risk
    breaking compatibility, you are required to dance to the tune???

    It's been a long time since I did any of that stuff, but I think I can
    remember sort of the same discussion arising when we went 32bit. Feel free
    to scorn me, should I be wrong.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 7, 2005