    there in the 64 bit versions?

    Thanks

    -Chad
    Chad Dinerman, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Chad Dinerman

    John Boy Guest

    If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter "Handle
    Limit" in the search block you can read the
    information for yourself.

    John Boy, Jul 6, 2006

  3. And which of the many links there do you propose he read?
    Not much of an anwer, John Boy.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 7, 2006
  4. You might be better off directing this question to a programmer/developer
    NG, and you may want to inform them of what type of handle you are
    requesting.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Sorry I was vague before, I wanted to know if the number of NT User
    Handles per Process is still limited to 10,000.

    This was a hardcoded limit in XP that could be bumped up to 18,000 with
    a hotfix ( http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327699 ).

    I'm hoping that this limit has been removed in the x64 versions.
    Because it's an OS limit I figured here is the best place to ask.

    Thanks

    -Chad

    Chad Dinerman, Jul 7, 2006
  6. Oh, I see - Well, a somewhat vague guess would be if they made a HotFix for
    that one, good chance you are lucky???

    Tony Sperling, Jul 7, 2006
  7. Hello Tony and Chad,
    And your guess would be correct Tony.
    The same limits for 32 bit would be applicable for 32-bit as for 64-bit.
    So that hotfix is in the x64 release.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Tony Sperling" <>
    <Subject: Re: Handle Count Limit
    <Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:06:54 +0200
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Oh, I see - Well, a somewhat vague guess would be if they made a HotFix for
    <that one, good chance you are lucky???
    <
    <
    <Tony. . .
    <
    <
    <"Chad Dinerman" <> wrote in message
    <> Sorry I was vague before, I wanted to know if the number of NT User
    <> Handles per Process is still limited to 10,000.
    <>
    <> Tony Sperling wrote:
    <> > You might be better off directing this question to a
    <programmer/developer
    <> > NG, and you may want to inform them of what type of handle you are
    <> > requesting.
    <> >
    <> >
    <> > Tony. . .
    <> >
    <> >
    <> > "Chad Dinerman" <> wrote in message
    <> > news:...
    <> > > Does anyone know if the Handle Limit of about 10,000 / app is still
    <> > > there in the 64 bit versions?
    <> > >
    <> > > Thanks
    <> > >
    <> > > -Chad
    <> > >
    <>
    <
    <
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 10, 2006
  8. Thanks.

    It's pretty disappointing to hear that there is still an arificial
    limit imposed by the OS. I understand that most people don't bump
    against this but our software has been bumping against this limit for
    some time now and it is becoming a big issue for us.

    Are you aware of any plan to remove this with Vista?

    -Chad

    Chad Dinerman, Jul 11, 2006
  9. Of course, this will use some memory - but I agree, if a limit is needed it
    might as well be a percentage of the available resources?

    > Thanks.
    >
    > It's pretty disappointing to hear that there is still an arificial
    > limit imposed by the OS. I understand that most people don't bump
    > against this but our software has been bumping against this limit for
    > some time now and it is becoming a big issue for us.
    >
    > Are you aware of any plan to remove this with Vista?
    >
    > -Chad
    >
    > "Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" wrote:
    > > Hello Tony and Chad,
    > > And your guess would be correct Tony.
    > > The same limits for 32 bit would be applicable for 32-bit as for

    64-bit.
    > > So that hotfix is in the x64 release.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    rights
    > > <From: "Tony Sperling" <>
    > > <Subject: Re: Handle Count Limit
    > > <Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:06:54 +0200
    > > <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:37060

    Tony Sperling, Jul 11, 2006