    blue screen which states to remove new hardware. The only thing new are
    the motherboard, CPU and memory.
    , Aug 16, 2010

  2. Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why is Halo crashing windows no more then twice a day. Yes I get the blue
    > screen which states to remove new hardware. The only thing new are the
    > motherboard, CPU and memory.

    Hardware fault caused by overheating?
    Check that the temperature of the GPU on your graphics card is within spec.
    Improving case cooling may help. What is the exact blue screen error code
    shown?
    --
    Rob
    Rob, Aug 16, 2010

  3. Guest

    The GPU is intergrated into the M3M78-VM motherbard. Can I still check
    the GPU temp? I do use the ASUS PC probe. The motherbord has been about
    108 degrees F which in not extremely hot.

    > Hardware fault caused by overheating?
    > Check that the temperature of the GPU on your graphics card is within spec.
    > Improving case cooling may help. What is the exact blue screen error code
    > shown?
    , Aug 16, 2010
  4. Guest

    Here is half of the messsage. It didnt' let me finish writing down the
    message.

    " A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
    damage to your computer. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .If thsis is the
    first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
    If this screen appears again, follow these steps, "

    What is the exact blue screen error code
    > shown?
    , Aug 17, 2010
  5. R. C. White Guest

    Hi, rr.

    By default, Win7 is set to "Automatically restart" on "System failure".
    This is probably best for newbies because, as we all learn early in
    computing, a reboot will fix many transient computer problems. But when it
    doesn't, we're left with no clues as to what happened, unless we know how to
    read the Event Viewer or memory dump and other diagnostic tools.

    So, change the default. It's a very easy switch at the end of a long
    click-path:

    Start | Control Panel | System, then Advanced system settings (you'll need
    to furnish Administrator credentials to go past here) | Advanced / Startup
    and Recovery / Settings. Whew! Finally, just clear the check from the box
    that says "Automatically restart". Then OK your way out - and you might
    need to reboot.

    Next time it crashes, you'll have all the time you need to copy the entire
    BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) because it won't restart until you push the
    computer's hardware Reset button. We don't need the boilerplate, which
    usually doesn't apply, anyhow. But we DO need the Stop Code - both the hex
    number (0xD1?) and the text (such as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). And
    there often are 4 more long hex numbers; those may look like gobbledygook
    but they tell a lot to the gurus who understand them.

    Include all those numbers in your next post and someone here should be able
    to point the way to a solution.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Aug 18, 2010