    hardware or software. The only thing new is the motherboard and CPU and
    memory. Can't really remove them now can we...

    , Aug 16, 2010

  2. Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    What Operating System are you running?
    New mobo, CPU and memory implies that you reinstalled the OS from scratch,
    right?
    My first hunches point faulty memory or insufficient juice coming out of the
    power supply.
    Start running a comprhensive memory test with memtest86+
    (http://www.memtest.org/).
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 16, 2010

  3. Guest

    Windows XPPro x64 SP2 I did have to reinstall Windows because Windows
    was not booting. I had fried the other motherboard when I tried to plug
    a USB device into a bad USB port so that must have messed up some boot
    files on the harddrive. I thought it was going to be an easy MB
    replacement, but I was wrong. The motherboard I have now is an ASUS
    M3n78-VM and the CPU is Athlon ll X2 250. The old motherboard was a ASUS K8N

    I will copy the error message next time.

    Carlos wrote:
    > Hi,
    > What Operating System are you running?
    > New mobo, CPU and memory implies that you reinstalled the OS from scratch,
    > right?
    > My first hunches point faulty memory or insufficient juice coming out of the
    > power supply.
    > Start running a comprhensive memory test with memtest86+
    > (http://www.memtest.org/).
    > Carlos

    , Aug 16, 2010
  4. Guest

    The PS is a 450 watt.

    Carlos wrote:
    > Hi,
    > What Operating System are you running?
    > New mobo, CPU and memory implies that you reinstalled the OS from scratch,
    > right?
    > My first hunches point faulty memory or insufficient juice coming out of the
    > power supply.
    > Start running a comprhensive memory test with memtest86+
    > (http://www.memtest.org/).
    > Carlos

    , Aug 17, 2010
  5. Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Required power depends on what graphic card you may have in your system, and
    specifically how many amps the PS is delivering in the 12 volt rail (this is
    a little bit technical).
    Let's start with a series of tests that will lead us to the root cause.
    Download memtest86+ as I suggested in my first post and prepair a bootable
    USB drive or floppy.
    Power down your pc. Unplug it from the wall outlet.
    Unplug any add-on cards you may have in your motherboard, just leave the
    Graphic Card alone (which one is it)?
    Unplug all external devices (USB ones et al).
    Plug again your PC to the wall outlet, power it on and run memtest86+.
    We must be completely sure that your memory sticks are Ok and compatible
    with your motherboard.
    Post back your results.
    Carlos
    P.S.: I presume you are not overclocking your memory, CPU and/or graphic
    card, right?

    Carlos, Aug 18, 2010
  6. Guest

    the video controller is intergrated into the ASUS M3n78-VM motherboard I
    am trying to figure out how to get memtest download as a usable program.

    Carlos wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Required power depends on what graphic card you may have in your system, and
    > specifically how many amps the PS is delivering in the 12 volt rail (this is
    > a little bit technical).
    > Let's start with a series of tests that will lead us to the root cause.
    > Download memtest86+ as I suggested in my first post and prepair a bootable
    > USB drive or floppy.
    > Power down your pc. Unplug it from the wall outlet.
    > Unplug any add-on cards you may have in your motherboard, just leave the
    > Graphic Card alone (which one is it)?
    > Unplug all external devices (USB ones et al).
    > Plug again your PC to the wall outlet, power it on and run memtest86+.
    > We must be completely sure that your memory sticks are Ok and compatible
    > with your motherboard.
    > Post back your results.
    > Carlos
    > P.S.: I presume you are not overclocking your memory, CPU and/or graphic
    > card, right?
    >

    > "" wrote:
    >
    >> The PS is a 450 watt.
    >>
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> What Operating System are you running?
    >>> New mobo, CPU and memory implies that you reinstalled the OS from scratch,
    >>> right?
    >>> My first hunches point faulty memory or insufficient juice coming out of the
    >>> power supply.
    >>> Start running a comprhensive memory test with memtest86+
    >>> (http://www.memtest.org/).
    >>> Carlos

    >> .

    , Aug 18, 2010
  7. Guest

    Memtest reported no errors after two tests

    Carlos wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Required power depends on what graphic card you may have in your system, and
    > specifically how many amps the PS is delivering in the 12 volt rail (this is
    > a little bit technical).
    > Let's start with a series of tests that will lead us to the root cause.
    > Download memtest86+ as I suggested in my first post and prepair a bootable
    > USB drive or floppy.
    > Power down your pc. Unplug it from the wall outlet.
    > Unplug any add-on cards you may have in your motherboard, just leave the
    > Graphic Card alone (which one is it)?
    > Unplug all external devices (USB ones et al).
    > Plug again your PC to the wall outlet, power it on and run memtest86+.
    > We must be completely sure that your memory sticks are Ok and compatible
    > with your motherboard.
    > Post back your results.
    > Carlos
    > P.S.: I presume you are not overclocking your memory, CPU and/or graphic
    > card, right?
    >

    > "" wrote:
    >
    >> The PS is a 450 watt.
    >>
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> What Operating System are you running?
    >>> New mobo, CPU and memory implies that you reinstalled the OS from scratch,
    >>> right?
    >>> My first hunches point faulty memory or insufficient juice coming out of the
    >>> power supply.
    >>> Start running a comprhensive memory test with memtest86+
    >>> (http://www.memtest.org/).
    >>> Carlos

    >> .

    , Aug 19, 2010
  8. Carlos Guest

    Ok, what about unplugging all unnecessary items?
    Does Halo still crash after that?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 19, 2010
  9. Guest

    Nothing is overclocked. I have never had any real success overclocking
    the CPU.

    Do you mean unplug peripherals? The mouse, keyboard and printer are all
    USB. I will unplug the printer to see if that has any effect.

    The full blue screen message is as follows:

    "A problem has been detected and windows has shut been shut down to
    prevent damage to your computer.

    Driver_IRQL-not-less-or-equal

    If this is the first time you have seen this STOR Error screen, restart
    your computer. If thisscreen appears again, follow these steps:
    Check to make sure any new hardware or softare is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
    manufacturers for any windows updates you might need.

    If problems continue, disasable or remove any newly installed hardware
    or software. Disable BIOS memory options, such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componants, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, then select
    safe mode.

    ***STOP:eek:x000000D1(0xFFFFFADE7586C000, 0x0000000000000002,
    0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFADFCCD78B5B)

    ***viaduaa.sys - Address FFFFFADFCCD78B5D base at FFFFFADFCCD43000, date
    stamp 4a24e93a

    Beginning dump of physical memory ... "

    Carlos wrote:
    > Ok, what about unplugging all unnecessary items?
    > Does Halo still crash after that?
    > Carlos
    >
    > "" wrote:
    >
    >> Memtest reported no errors after two tests
    >>
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Required power depends on what graphic card you may have in your system, and
    >>> specifically how many amps the PS is delivering in the 12 volt rail (this is
    >>> a little bit technical).
    >>> Let's start with a series of tests that will lead us to the root cause.
    >>> Download memtest86+ as I suggested in my first post and prepair a bootable
    >>> USB drive or floppy.
    >>> Power down your pc. Unplug it from the wall outlet.
    >>> Unplug any add-on cards you may have in your motherboard, just leave the
    >>> Graphic Card alone (which one is it)?
    >>> Unplug all external devices (USB ones et al).
    >>> Plug again your PC to the wall outlet, power it on and run memtest86+.
    >>> We must be completely sure that your memory sticks are Ok and compatible
    >>> with your motherboard.
    >>> Post back your results.
    >>> Carlos
    >>> P.S.: I presume you are not overclocking your memory, CPU and/or graphic
    >>> card, right?

    >> .

    , Aug 21, 2010
  10. It seems there might be a problem with the audio driver. The following
    dissusion page was found by Google:
    http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39205

    I realize they are not discussing Windows 7, but it is a problem with
    viaduaa.sys

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 21, 2010
  11. Guest

    I do have nVidia High Definition Audio and Via High definition audio in
    Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Could nVidia and
    Via be conflicting?

    Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > It seems there might be a problem with the audio driver. The following
    > dissusion page was found by Google:
    > http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39205
    >
    > I realize they are not discussing Windows 7, but it is a problem with
    > viaduaa.sys

    , Sep 1, 2010