    food soda etc

    Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........
    , Sep 25, 2007

  2. Steven Guest

    Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
    bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
    your have better fps and its more playable :p

    but if you want to play it on vista your need insane high spec pc , and I
    mean NASA high , research indicated not even a quad core cpu system can make
    vista run faster than xp's performance .

    In short vista can burn in hell - bit off topic but what the hell
    If I wanna play halo 3 it will be on the xbox but then ill be forced to use
    the control pad for aiming and its primitive compared to mouse aim , aghh..

    on the subject of linux sure it has potential but it lacks support and the
    GUI pisses me off as well, i could go on but i cant be bothered

    Steve

    Links:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=797&tag=nl.e622
    - research indicating vista is junkware :p

    ps: why do I have the feeling the Linux tribes/cult is about to jump me and
    kill me using angry penguins armed with armoured metal beaks?

    Steven, Sep 25, 2007

  3. jon doglegs Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    > The best games are written for Windows.
    >
    > There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
    > food soda etc
    >
    > Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

    lol, penguins pwned ..
    jon doglegs, Sep 25, 2007
  4. "Steven" <> wrote in message
    > Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
    > bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
    > your have better fps and its more playable :p

    So you can run Halo 3 with DirectX9? Surely the graphics will not look as
    good. Or are you saying that there is a DirectX10 hack for XP?

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Steven Guest

    Well I haven't really looked into the way they are hacking it but best guess
    brobly
    hacking it to function on dx9 , I could be wrong..

    Steve

    Steven, Sep 25, 2007
  6. Steven Guest

    free food to play a computer game in local stores?
    might attract all the homeless in I guess , you know how desperate they get
    this time of year.

    Unless the Linux angry armoured beaked penguins beat them to it in a
    destructive mission to sabotage ms's game. who knows let me know how it goes
    :-D

    Steve

    Steven, Sep 25, 2007
  7. "Steven" <> wrote in message
    > Well I haven't really looked into the way they are hacking it but best
    > guess brobly
    > hacking it to function on dx9 , I could be wrong..

    Hmmmm...

    Any URLs to prove your claims?

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 25, 2007
  8. pcbutts1 Guest

    Found this http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8112

    pcbutts1, Sep 25, 2007
  9. pcbutts1 Guest

    Nevermind that last link, after 10min of watching that slow POS I closed it

    pcbutts1, Sep 25, 2007
  10. "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Found this http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8112

    Well, that nice, but what has this got anything to do with what we are
    talking about here?

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 25, 2007
  11. Guest

    "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote:

    >"Steven" <> wrote in message
    >> Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
    >> bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
    >> your have better fps and its more playable :p

    >So you can run Halo 3 with DirectX9? Surely the graphics will not look as
    >good. Or are you saying that there is a DirectX10 hack for XP?

    There was a claim that Dx10 had been hacked but from the start it was
    questionable.
    http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/23/1348239&from=rss

    Halo? I've got someone's XBOX here just to play Halo 1 :)
    --

    Ubuntu is dead, long live PCLinuxOS
    http://tinyurl.com/2ptmjt
  12. Tim Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:
    > Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    > The best games are written for Windows.
    >
    > There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
    > food soda etc
    >
    > Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

    So where can you get Halo 3 for Windows PCs? About a month ago, Bungie
    said it was not even in development.

    --
    --Tim Smith
    Tim Smith, Sep 25, 2007
  13. The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    < snip flatfish droppings >

    Hi flatbrain
    --
    Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches. If the vending machine
    doesn't sell it, they don't eat it. Vending machines don't sell quiche.
    Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=, Sep 25, 2007
  14. Guest

    did eloquently scribble:
    > Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    > The best games are written for Windows.

    If you want to play games, buy a toy.
    Like XP or vista (snigger...yeah, like that'll be good at playing them)
    | | |
    , Sep 25, 2007
  15. Guest

    Synapse Syndrome <> did eloquently scribble:
    > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    >> Found this http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8112
    >>

    > Well, that nice, but what has this got anything to do with what we are
    > talking about here?

    Well. There is the fact that the original poster came in guffawing because
    it wasn't available for linux...

    Not available for XP either is it, without some hackery and we don't know
    how well that works either.

    How many people have resisted vista or fallen back to XP after trying it and
    hating it?

    So. HALO 3 doesn't work on XP. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    would've been just as appropriate a response.
    | | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |
    , Sep 25, 2007
  16. jon doglegs Guest

    "Steven" <> wrote in message
    > Unfortunately I think its only functional on vista , allough some hackers
    > bypassed that and had it going on xp , so if you can get it running on xp
    > your have better fps and its more playable :p
    >
    > but if you want to play it on vista your need insane high spec pc , and I
    > mean NASA high , research indicated not even a quad core cpu system can
    > make vista run faster than xp's performance .
    >
    > In short vista can burn in hell - bit off topic but what the hell
    > If I wanna play halo 3 it will be on the xbox but then ill be forced to
    > use the control pad for aiming and its primitive compared to mouse aim ,
    > aghh..
    >
    > on the subject of linux sure it has potential but it lacks support and the
    > GUI pisses me off as well, i could go on but i cant be bothered
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > Links:
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=797&tag=nl.e622
    > - research indicating vista is junkware :p
    >

    > ps: why do I have the feeling the Linux tribes/cult is about to jump me
    > and kill me using angry penguins armed with armoured metal beaks?

    .. just becoz you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you :) ..

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    >> The best games are written for Windows.
    >>
    >> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
    >> food soda etc
    >>
    >> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

    .. its a penury of penguins ... *kweh, kweh, kweh*
    jon doglegs, Sep 25, 2007
  17. Guest

    jon doglegs <> did eloquently scribble:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    >> The best games are written for Windows.
    >>
    >> There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free
    >> food soda etc
    >>
    >> Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........
    >>

    > lol, penguins pwned ..

    XP can run it, can it?
    Or do you need to downgrade?
    | | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
    , Sep 25, 2007
  18. Stephan Rose Guest

    Re: Halo 3 Released Tonight..Where is the Linux version?BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:33:40 -0700, collie4roy wrote:

    > Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    > The best games are written for Windows.
    >
    > There are Halo parties happening at the local computer stores, free food
    > soda etc
    >
    > Not a sign of Linux anywhere..........

    And???

    I mean alright, I realize that half the population of this planet is
    foaming at their mouth over this game for some odd reason that I can't
    understand.

    It's a frigging game for crying out loud. Just some twitchy first person
    shooter perfect for open mouthed drooling idiots sitting hunched at their
    computer desk with their eyes glued to their screen wildly clicking the
    mouse everywhere in the hopes they hit something and get to the next
    level! YAY!!!

    Now, why exactly am I supposed to give a shit?

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰
    Stephan Rose, Sep 25, 2007
  19. <> wrote in message
    > Sorry Linux users, you loooze again.
    > The best games are written for Windows.

    The "best" games are coded by the biggest companies who target the platform
    with the largest user base to ensure they get a return on their investment.
    The fact that Windows has the biggest user base says nothing about the
    relative merits of one OS over another.
    Richard Parkin, Sep 25, 2007
  20. Tiberius Guest

    I want to verify your claim that vista on even a 4 core machine is slower
    than XP even on a single core

    Tiberius, Sep 25, 2007