    game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits there
    processing.

    So, looks like no HL2 for me.
    JedMeister, Dec 6, 2004

  2. JedMeister

    Malcolm Guest

    JedMeister wrote:
    > Went to start half life 2, only tried it once a couple of weeks ago and it
    > worked OK.
    >
    > For some reason, today I can't get past the steam logon, so can't play the
    > game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits there
    > processing.
    >
    > So, looks like no HL2 for me.

    Hi
    No worries logging on here...do you get the tray icon up..if so check
    the monitor as it may be updating?

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°
    Malcolm, Dec 6, 2004

  3. JedMeister

    Dave R Guest

    Disable your Internet connection and it will give you the option to play
    offline.
    When the steam Icon shows up in the taskbar, right click and select play
    games. Click on halflife and you're away.
    Steam gets pretty busy sometimes and is very slow. It could also be
    downloading the new deathmatch. Takes a while.
    Hope this helps
    Dave

    Dave R, Dec 6, 2004
  4. JedMeister

    XPD Guest

    > Went to start half life 2, only tried it once a couple of weeks ago and it
    > worked OK.
    >
    > For some reason, today I can't get past the steam logon, so can't play the
    > game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits there
    > processing.
    >
    > So, looks like no HL2 for me.

    Mine was doing the same yesterday, in the end I left it for about 20mins,
    came back and it was away :)
    XPD, Dec 6, 2004
  5. On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:46:45 +1300, "JedMeister"
    <> wrote:

    >Went to start half life 2, only tried it once a couple of weeks ago and it
    >worked OK.
    >
    >For some reason, today I can't get past the steam logon, so can't play the
    >game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits there
    >processing.
    >
    >So, looks like no HL2 for me.

    You can play it off line..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 6, 2004
  6. JedMeister

    TomV Guest

    On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:00:03 +1300, "Dave R" <>
    wrote:

    >Disable your Internet connection and it will give you the option to play
    >offline.
    >When the steam Icon shows up in the taskbar, right click and select play
    >games. Click on halflife and you're away.
    >Steam gets pretty busy sometimes and is very slow. It could also be
    >downloading the new deathmatch. Takes a while.
    >Hope this helps
    >Dave

    They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    connection.

    I've turned off autoupdate which seems to protect me from it deciding
    it wants to dload stuff

    ....tom
    TomV, Dec 6, 2004
  7. On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:07:08 +1300, TomV <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:00:03 +1300, "Dave R" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Disable your Internet connection and it will give you the option to play
    >>offline.
    >>When the steam Icon shows up in the taskbar, right click and select play
    >>games. Click on halflife and you're away.
    >>Steam gets pretty busy sometimes and is very slow. It could also be
    >>downloading the new deathmatch. Takes a while.
    >>Hope this helps
    >>Dave

    >They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    >connection.
    >
    >I've turned off autoupdate which seems to protect me from it deciding
    >it wants to dload stuff
    >
    >...tom

    You can Play off line Totally.

    Go read the info in the Action news group.
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 6, 2004
  8. JedMeister

    cowboyz Guest

    "TomV" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:00:03 +1300, "Dave R" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Disable your Internet connection and it will give you the option to play
    >>offline.
    >>When the steam Icon shows up in the taskbar, right click and select play
    >>games. Click on halflife and you're away.
    >>Steam gets pretty busy sometimes and is very slow. It could also be
    >>downloading the new deathmatch. Takes a while.
    >>Hope this helps
    >>Dave

    > They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    > connection.

    I prevented steam from accessing the net with my firewall. That solved a
    few hassles.

    cowboyz, Dec 6, 2004
  9. Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    >>connection.
    >>I've turned off autoupdate which seems to protect me from it deciding
    >>it wants to dload stuff

    > You can Play off line Totally.
    > Go read the info in the Action news group.

    Roger?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 6, 2004
  10. JedMeister

    JedMeister Guest

    "Dave R" <> wrote in message
    > Disable your Internet connection and it will give you the option to play
    > offline.
    > When the steam Icon shows up in the taskbar, right click and select play
    > games. Click on halflife and you're away.
    > Steam gets pretty busy sometimes and is very slow. It could also be
    > downloading the new deathmatch. Takes a while.
    > Hope this helps
    > Dave
    >

    > "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    >> Went to start half life 2, only tried it once a couple of weeks ago and
    >> it worked OK.
    >>
    >> For some reason, today I can't get past the steam logon, so can't play
    >> the game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits
    >> there processing.
    >>
    >> So, looks like no HL2 for me.

    Yes, I think you are right - I returned later on, and the logon had
    completed - it did mention something about deathmatch but nothing during the
    actual logon. I would have expected something to indicate the progress ,
    instead, it looked like the window had frozen.

    Thanks.
    JedMeister, Dec 6, 2004
  11. JedMeister

    JedMeister Guest

    "Aspiringpsychopath" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:46:45 +1300, "JedMeister"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Went to start half life 2, only tried it once a couple of weeks ago and it
    >>worked OK.
    >>
    >>For some reason, today I can't get past the steam logon, so can't play the
    >>game. I am entering the correct user /password, but it just sits there
    >>processing.
    >>
    >>So, looks like no HL2 for me.
    >>

    > You can play it off line..

    Thanks, did not know this. It's all a bit much hassle really.
    JedMeister, Dec 6, 2004
  12. JedMeister

    TomV Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:05:11 +1300, Aspiringpsychopath
    <> wrote:

    >>They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    >>connection.
    >>
    >>I've turned off autoupdate which seems to protect me from it deciding
    >>it wants to dload stuff
    >>
    >>...tom

    >You can Play off line Totally.
    >
    >Go read the info in the Action news group.

    I read the docs. They said backup your blob file, make it read only
    and unplug from the internet

    Would you care to be more specific with your reference to different
    information

    ....tom
    TomV, Dec 6, 2004
  13. JedMeister

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:38:28 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >>>They should give an option to play offline without disabling yoru
    >>>connection.
    >>>I've turned off autoupdate which seems to protect me from it deciding
    >>>it wants to dload stuff

    >> You can Play off line Totally.
    >> Go read the info in the Action news group.

    >Roger?

    It would appear so. <plonk!>

    --
    BOINC SETI