    Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager
    Kelman Technologies
    Denver, CO

    wes40oz, Oct 11, 2005

  2. wes40oz

    John Barnes Guest

    You will need to provide some specific information for any educated
    running, but this problem suddenly starts, have you installed something else
    in between, etc.

    John Barnes, Oct 11, 2005

  3. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    after the system has been installed

    I haven't had the error for a while now (after about 6 reinstalls of both
    windows, 32 and 64) it just randomly comes up
    sometimes when it does it would go to the recovery console and copy it back
    but it doesn't always fix it
    I was wondering what may be the cause, and also what files are also
    associated with this file, as dll files usually are dependant on other dll
    files etc. also, they weird part, hence my last question, sometimes hal.dll
    is actually there.
    if it is I generally have to install that specific windows installation (it
    happens to either 32 or 64 editions, but not at the same time)

    another note, I know this is win64 news group, but had an error in the
    control panel of 32bit pro, go into system > device manager and it says file
    not found, I can get to it using the management program which we all know
    how to get into.
    but this started to happen right after I installed sp2, probably just needs
    to be reinstalled, not a big problem but a little annoying. if you know the
    cause of this one of a reg value I could change to fix it that would be
    cool, could just be the file is actually missing...

    wes

    wes40oz, Oct 12, 2005
  4. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    also running chkdsk /r doesnt fix the problem, probably doesn't hurt
    though...

    wes

    wes40oz, Oct 12, 2005