    soft box type hair lights but I don't have that much room. Has anyone
    had a similar problem and been able to solve it? Any advice wold be
    greatly appreciated.

    gp photo, Apr 15, 2008

  2. gp photo

    Bigguy Guest

    gp photo wrote:
    > My basement studio has only a 7 foot ceiling but has a little
    > additional space between the rafters. I have a couple of small hair
    > lights with barn doors but it is difficult to aim then and when the
    > model moves, you have to move the lights. I have seen ads for large
    > soft box type hair lights but I don't have that much room. Has anyone
    > had a similar problem and been able to solve it? Any advice wold be
    > greatly appreciated.

    If you can't raise the ceiling you could lower the floor.... where's
    that spade ;-)

    Guy

    Bigguy, Apr 16, 2008

  3. I solved this by using a strobe with a hard light (aluminium) reflector and
    reflect off the ceiling (which must be painted white). If you don't have a
    white ceiling (only beams) put up a sheet of foamcore. Put the strobe to
    the side and a little behind the subject and adjust to give at subjects head
    about 1 stop less than your main light will be but do this with the main
    light off. The model can move a little bit.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Smith, Apr 17, 2008
  4. gp photo

    gp photo Guest

    On Apr 16, 10:56 pm, "Malcolm Smith" <>
    wrote:
    > I solved this by using a strobe with a hard light (aluminium) reflector and
    > reflect off the ceiling (which must be painted white). If you don't have a
    > white ceiling (only beams) put up a sheet of foamcore. Put the strobe to
    > the side and a little behind the subject and adjust to give at subjects head
    > about 1 stop less than your main light will be but do this with the main
    > light off. The model can move a little bit.
    >
    > Malcolm

    Thanks for the useful advise.

    gp photo, Apr 18, 2008